cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UVision5 STM32F4 Issue

bee2
Associate II
Posted on January 23, 2014 at 22:39

Hi, I've just installed Keil UVison 5 and compiled a program I created for the STM32F4 Discovery board a few months ago using UVision 4 and I'm getting errors relating to .h and .c files not existing. Is there a new folder structure for UVision 5, or any ideas why this might be happening? The files that are related to the errors are all present in project sub folders.

10 REPLIES 10
Mark Edwards
Associate II
Posted on January 24, 2014 at 01:18

Don't know how much help this will be but...

I use a supplied laptop running uVision 4.72.10.0 (with one licence) and my home workstation running 5.0.5.15 (with a different one) and regularly swap project files between them without any problem.

Perhaps something has got screwed up in the Include Paths settings during the upgrade.

Andrew Neil
Evangelist
Posted on January 24, 2014 at 09:33

''I'm getting errors relating to .h and .c files not existing''

So do the files exist? You're obviously going to get such errors if they don't - aren't you?!

If they do exist, are they in the location(s) that your project specifies?

bee2
Associate II
Posted on January 24, 2014 at 13:00

Yep they do exist, and the compiler error report shows it is looking in the folder where they are. The whole program was fully functional with and working with UVision 4.

Andrew Neil
Evangelist
Posted on January 24, 2014 at 15:02

File permissions?

Spaces in path names?

How about quoting the exact message - using copy & paste, not maual retyping

Posted on January 24, 2014 at 15:33

Would hope it could deal with spaces in the file names by now, did have a colleague who was having some issues with source trees dumped off the Desktop

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
bee2
Associate II
Posted on January 24, 2014 at 23:44

I managed to get rid of all but one of the errors by going to Project-> Clean target then Options for target ->C/C++ and re-selecting all paths.

Still having one error I then removed any spaces I had in folder names but no luck. The file is in the location, I tried setting an absolute path name but didn't help.

Below is the copy of the exact error.

compiling stm32f4_discovery_sdio_sd.c...

stm32f4_discovery_sdio_sd.c: Error:  #5: cannot open source input file ''..\..\..\Utilities\STM32F4-Discovery\stm32f4_discovery_sdio_sd.c'': No such file or directory

..\..\..\Utilities\STM32F4-Discovery\stm32f4_discovery_sdio_sd.c: 0 warnings, 1 error

''.\Discover-More\Project.axf'' - 1 Error(s), 1 Warning(s).

Posted on January 24, 2014 at 23:54

Below is the copy of the exact error.

compiling stm32f4_discovery_sdio_sd.c...

stm32f4_discovery_sdio_sd.c: Error:  #5: cannot open source input file ''..\..\..\Utilities\STM32F4-Discovery\stm32f4_discovery_sdio_sd.c'': No such file or directory

..\..\..\Utilities\STM32F4-Discovery\stm32f4_discovery_sdio_sd.c: 0 warnings, 1 error

''.\Discover-More\Project.axf'' - 1 Error(s), 1 Warning(s).

That's not a file released by ST in their firmware library, I created one by porting the SD card support to the STM32F4-DISCO.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
bee2
Associate II
Posted on January 25, 2014 at 17:55

OK cheers Clive ill have ago, I see you have posted a lot of info relating to the SD card set up so I'll check them posts out.......why would it stop working though? This is the exact same folder structure I used with UVision 4?

Posted on January 25, 2014 at 18:22

I'm not using uv5, but my presumption would be you can't open the file in the editor either, so it's complaining it can't see the file, which is either there or it isn't, and if it's there then you could remove it from the project tree and add it back, or edit the path in the file options menu.