cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

debugging with eclipse

leoni
Associate
Posted on March 29, 2013 at 13:03

Hi, i'm a new user of this board and i have a (maybe trivial) question. Searching on the web i found that there is a ''ITM_SendChar()'' instruction that could be very useful for me, but i can not view its result on my Eclipse IDE. Is there a way to configure eclipse in order to correctly use this function?

thanks in advance.
3 REPLIES 3
Posted on March 29, 2013 at 13:56

It would presumably depend on the debugger that you've integrated, and if that supports the SWV (Serial Wire Viewer).

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
leoni
Associate
Posted on March 29, 2013 at 14:31

I'm using the gdb debugger and sincerely i don't know if the SWV is supported...

Posted on March 29, 2013 at 14:56

I was thinking of the hardware and the drivers. You're posting under the STM32 Discovery forum, but it's not clear what board, or debug hardware, you have.

Atollic is Eclipse/GCC/GDB based, and supports SWV so looking at how it does it, and what pieces it needs might be instructive.

I've used SWV under Keil on a couple of targets, but the support depends a lot of the debug pod being utilized, and SWV doesn't lend itself to streaming, in that regard a serial port works a lot more effectively. I'm pretty sure some of the older JLink and ULink pods don't support SWD/SWV particularly well.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..