Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adventures with bluenrg

zamek42
Associate II
Posted on June 27, 2016 at 10:52

Hi All,

I am new in BlueNrg but not in developing C and I want to work withNUCLEOF411 and BlueNrg IDB041A1 board. Unfortunately I use Linux and Idon't want to buy IAR system.

First step: I tried to download demo (en.x-cube-ble1.zip). I wonder, there is no Makefile in it:(

I found .bin and .hex files for demos, I can flash it, and it works well with BlueNrg Android application.

Because there is no Makefile, I tried to find some infos and I found Carmine Noviello's site. I can compile and flash the sensordemo based on his tutorial, but it cannot works well.

Sometimes it cannot starts:

''Program received signal SIGTRAP, Trace/breakpoint trap.

0x080015e2 in call_host (arg=0x2000ffac, reason=1) at ../system/include/arm/semihosting.h:80

80      asm volatile (''

sometimes it can enter on master loop, but it isn't visible for android software.

I tried to switch on/off  NEW_SERVICES switch too.

It is very interesting, the original sensordemo hex file is 28938bytes length. The compiled hex file is 55718 bytes length.

Second steps:

I found mbed.org ''how to start bluenrg shield'' athttps://developer.mbed.org/teams/ST-Americas-mbed-Team/wiki/Getting-Started-with-BLE-IDB04A1

I can compile and flash it to the board, but it is not visible forandroid software. The attached terminal there are some messages:

Initialising

btle_init>>

So, my question is that, where can I found a correct tutorial and demofor compiling and testing blueNRG? I would like to use linux and gnugcc.

thx

Zamek

#bluenrg-demo-tutorial
0 REPLIES 0