Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dspin software and EVAL6470H problem

aaronkeit
Associate
Posted on March 31, 2013 at 20:22

Hi,

I have been trying to adjust the BEMF compensation parameters for my stepper motor on a EVAL6470H board.  I am using the Dspin evaluation software on WindowsXP and an STEVAL-PCC009V1 communications board.  I am monitoring the winding current with an oscilloscope and and clamp meter.

After hours of trying I was unable to achieve any change in the current drawn by my motor at any particular speed, no matter what parameters I enter for the starting slope, intersect speed, or final acc/dcc slope.  I am attempting to keep the motor current near 1.5a rms up to about 1600 cps, but the current rises steadily over the speed range.  I can adjust the KVAL parameters and affect the level of the current drawn, but the ''slope'' seems to remain the same no matter what values I enter in the parameters mentioned.  I can see no effect on the current drawn at any speed no matter what settings I enter for these parameters.  

Can you give any adivce?  Is there a bug in the Dspin software or do I perhaps have a faulty EVAL6470H board?

Thanks much.
2 REPLIES 2
srg0016
Associate II
Posted on April 12, 2013 at 20:17

Hello!

I'm sorry for off-topic, but it seems that you can help me. I'd like to ask, where did you get drivers for your STEVAL-PCC009V1 board and what software do you use? As I see, the software from here 

http://www.st.com/web/en/catalog/tools/PF258265

is not intended to work with STEVAL-PCC009V1 board but with STEVAL-PCC009V2 one. Do you know, is STEVAL-PCC009V1 workable on Window7 - 64bit? Sorry again, for off-topic.

Thanks, Sergey.
dimarco.gianfranco
Associate II
Posted on August 08, 2013 at 10:18

I suggest to read the post to cover some points:

/5d921c79