cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST-Link Utility MCU Core Panel fails to read registers

gfuehrer
Associate II
Posted on May 10, 2014 at 01:24

I have no problem using Utility v3.1.0 and firmware V2.J17.S0 with a Discovery-F3.

I'm having a problem with v3.3.0 (the latest) with firmware V2.J19.S0. Most everything works except that the MCU Core Panel dialog fails to show register values. That dialog can still halt, reset, start okay -- just no register values. Has anyone else tried this?

Do the register values show using the latest (v3.3.0) ST-Link Utility together with any ST-LINK/V2, not just the one embedded on a Discovery-F3, like say one on another EVAL or DISCOVERY board or when using the standalone adapter that comes in a finished enclosure?

-Gary

#st-link-utility-discovery-f3
3 REPLIES 3
Posted on May 10, 2014 at 02:36

Personally I've found J19 rather flaky, I'd recommend sticking with J17 unless you have a compelling reason to migrate. You can downgrade with the older ST-Link Utilities.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Nickname306_O
Senior
Posted on May 19, 2014 at 18:43

Hello gary,

It's a known issue. It is fixed in the new version of ST-LINK Utility v 3.4 which will be available on ST web site by end of this week .

Best Regards,

Nouha

gfuehrer
Associate II
Posted on June 06, 2014 at 00:48

Hi Nouha,

Yes, I just downloaded and tried v3.4.0 and it appears to be working now. I'm greatly relieved -- I desperately needed that capability today. Extend my thanks to everyone for keeping on top of it! :D

Cheers,

Gary