cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST-Link/V2 Dead, isn't detected by any PC ! :) Please help..

petre
Associate II
Posted on April 05, 2013 at 10:12

Hi everybody,

After receiving the board and installing the kit from Keil plus1 hour of struggling with set-up the board was ok :), ran some examples. Ok, excellent, reflashed the ST Link with the new firmware using the ST Link Utility (CRC passed) and started debugging a code of mine, again, no problems. The next day, I had an idea, started my laptop plugged the board and nothing 🙂 I thought it's my mistake or the laptop had problems because it didn't detect the board....Restarted the laptop and the board also, again, nothing, the board wasn't detected by the OS. I tried the same procedure on 4 computers and none detected it....

So, the RED LED is blinking and the power led is on...

Any ideas ?

Thanks,

Mihai P

6 REPLIES 6
crt2
Associate II
Posted on April 05, 2013 at 10:22

What OS was this tried on? What code was on board when you shut it down?

petre
Associate II
Posted on April 05, 2013 at 10:25

Fast response 🙂 I was talking about the fact that Windows or any other PC can't recognize the board. When I say can't recognize I mean nothing appears in device manager also I don't get an error from Windows. Simply nothing happens the board isn't detected.....

Regards,

Mihai P
crt2
Associate II
Posted on April 05, 2013 at 12:16

Windows or any other PC - also Windows I might assume? Might I assume Windows 7?

There could be a power problem but I would not know where to search for logs (dmesg) in Windows for that matter...

petre
Associate II
Posted on April 05, 2013 at 12:52

The board was test on Win 7 and Win Xp. No results until now. . . . 

crt2
Associate II
Posted on April 05, 2013 at 12:57

quoting clive1 from another thread: ''If your code is causing a problem pulling BOOT0 High at start up will remove it from being an issue.''

Have you tried this?
petre
Associate II
Posted on April 07, 2013 at 13:36

Hi,

Thanks for the info, looks like the st link is fried. Don't know how I did it but this is my problem. Order 2 new boads from Farnell just for redunfancy.

Have a nice day,

Mihai P