Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD init after wake up from standby

jspika
Associate II
Posted on April 06, 2013 at 15:06

Hello.

I have a data logger on my board and i use a standby mode. When i start a program and  i put the uSD card into the slot before, all work fine for the first cycle.When i  go from the standby and i want to init the SD card again it doesnt work.and after the restart the program without put the card from the slot and put it back agian it doesnt work as well. i just need to put the card away and back for the pass the SD_Init().  Has anyone seen this problem before? Can be the problem in type of the card?

Thx for answer

4 REPLIES 4
jspika
Associate II
Posted on April 15, 2013 at 19:36

Note:  doesnt work with SD_DeInit and Unmout at the end of program as well

Posted on April 15, 2013 at 20:40

If you didn't kill the supply to the SD card it is likely still initialized like you left it, ie higher speed, 4-bit, etc.

Absent an ability to cut the supply you'll have to unwind the SD card itself before you shutdown (ie not just tear down the STM32 interface to it), or renegotiate with it when you come back.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
jspika
Associate II
Posted on April 16, 2013 at 20:35

At the end was everything caused by SD_DeInit at the start of program. I didnt have time to find why, but this was the reason.

dbouvier
Associate II
Posted on April 02, 2015 at 08:12

Hello,

I have exactly the same problem.

I use a STM32F205RC with a SDCard. 

In normal mode and after a POR Reset, the init of the SDCard is always OK.

If I doa soft reset (with NVIC SystemReset) the init is ok.

But when I wakeup from standby mode, the init is impossible. I have an error in HAL_SD_WideBusOperation_Config();

During the standby mode, the power of the SD card is OFF.

Have you an idea about this problem ?

Thanks

David