Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCU firmware update with USART interface for STM32F100C8

aal
Associate
Posted on April 10, 2013 at 09:21

Iam a new bird for this MCU. My project has two part:

(1) Mainprogram: Using the ST MCU (P/N: STM32F100C8) to transfer data in andout 

withaBluetooth-module through USART interface and then to Androidphone:

ST MCU <--> BT module <--> Android, (allcommunicate with each other by USART interface)

(2)Firmware update: I would like to do the firmware update function toupdate the main program byan Android phone which sending the updatefirmware to ST MCU throughBT-module by also USART interface. 

Ispent quite a lot of time searching method in this forum and otherwebsites, 

But I just cannot make sure some method likebootloader or DFU is the way I should 

keep going. I havealso checked many application note e.g. AN2606, AN3155 and AN3374...but seems that I do not have enough information to figure out thepicture.
1 REPLY 1
Posted on April 10, 2013 at 12:14

Is this a commercial project? Are you looking to hire someone? ST does maintain a list of contractors/consultants.

I'm not sure DFU helps, the part specified does not have USB, as I recall, but the packaging of the firmware might be something to consider.

I'd perhaps suggest you focus on the USART IAP examples, and consider how you're going to deliver the firmware. Does Android have X/Y-Modem? or does it support some other protocol natively that you can model the STM32 end after. Are you planning on creating your own delivery/upgrade app?

Do you plan on storing the firmware image locally, or flashing it directly?
Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..