Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PMSM FOC lib for torque controlled system from 0rpm

lauris
Associate II
Posted on December 06, 2013 at 08:59

Hello,

I would like to inquire about STM PMSM FOC library use in case of application where controlled motor is in stand still in most cases and from that point it have to be able to spin at variable torque (in terms of direction and value). So if I understand correctly I would need to control motor without spin-up sequence. Is it possible too achieve that with FOC lib or do I need to make my own control algorithm for such case.

Planned system will have 12V 2-4A PMSM motor, 3 current shunt sensors and HALL detectors (for end application HALL detectors should be used only to start spinning).

As system it is required that:

1. Motor would start from 0rpm and always run controlled by torque until full stop,

2. Avoid torque ripples as much as possible,

3. Minimize motor noise.

Thank you in advance,

Laurynas
2 REPLIES 2
Gigi
Senior
Posted on January 02, 2014 at 09:41

Dear Laur

The STM32 FOC FW is already able to work in torque mode from 0rpm when a real speed sensor is present (like in your case). So you don’t need to develop a specific control algorithm for the start-up but you need just to configure the systems like explained in the UM1052 (Setting up the system when using Hall-effect sensors) and enable the torque mode in the ST MC Workbench->Drive Management->Drive Setting->Control Mode.

Point 2 and 3 should be guaranteed by the FOC.

Ciao

Gigi

Laurent Ca...
Lead II

The question has been moved from the "Motor Control Hardware" section to the "STM32 Motor Control" section (the question is about the STM32 MC SDK). 

Best regards