cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We have purchased

Ron Kreymborg
Associate II
Posted on August 16, 2017 at 14:40

We have purchased an EVLpowerstep01 and a STEVALPCC009V2. We installed the SPINFamily software on our Windows10 64-bit computer and on connection it states 'The FW version is not the last, upgrade to 2.7'. The doco states this is done via the IBUUI updater, but when this runs it states it cannot access the IBUUI.inf driver. However, it is looking in the wrong folder (an XP folder) and apparently cannot see the IBUUI.inf file sitting there. This is a poor start to our initial research into using the powerstep01 in our new high power stepper controller. What are our next steps?

Ron Kreymborg

R&D Manager

Kremford Pty Ltd

kremford.com.au
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Enrico Poli
ST Employee
Posted on August 24, 2017 at 15:21

Hello Ron,

unfortunately the IBUUI Updater is based on old drivers and they are probably not supported by Windows 10.

I suggest you to update the firmware of the STEVAL-PCC009V2 through SWD as described in Appendix A of the software's UM (

http://www.st.com/content/ccc/resource/technical/document/user_manual/group0/2c/9b/69/98/07/a0/4f/10/DM00268136/files/DM00268136.pdf/jcr:content/translations/en.DM00268136.pdf

)

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Posted on August 16, 2017 at 14:58

This is primarily a user forum, consider registering your project with a local sales/support office, and discussing with an FAE

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Ron Kreymborg
Associate II
Posted on August 16, 2017 at 15:42

I am a user with a user question. Are you saying there are no ST people paying attention to this forum?

Posted on August 16, 2017 at 16:34

I'm saying it is a user-to-user forum, engineering support is done through traditional business channels, not via social media.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Enrico Poli
ST Employee
Posted on August 24, 2017 at 15:21

Hello Ron,

unfortunately the IBUUI Updater is based on old drivers and they are probably not supported by Windows 10.

I suggest you to update the firmware of the STEVAL-PCC009V2 through SWD as described in Appendix A of the software's UM (

http://www.st.com/content/ccc/resource/technical/document/user_manual/group0/2c/9b/69/98/07/a0/4f/10/DM00268136/files/DM00268136.pdf/jcr:content/translations/en.DM00268136.pdf

)
Ron Kreymborg
Associate II
Posted on August 24, 2017 at 17:14

Thanks Enrico, that was the problem. I purchased an ST-LINK/V2 and updated the firmware in the STEVALPCC009V2. The SPIN Software now drives the Powerstep01 as it should. Regards, Ron.

VGrin
Associate

Great job, ST!

Plan for success:

1. Ship an eval board without FW installed
  2. Provide a FW updater that only works with 20 year old version of Windows
  3. Suggest in forums that users use development programmer to update the firmware
  4. Provide idiotic 20-pin connector on the eval card that doesn't work with modern versions of dev. programmer!!!! (modern versions use 6-pin connector)
  5. ...?
  6. Profit!

Now, seriously, you guys should fire your crack dealer!

VGrin
Associate

I have achieved success programming the gizmo:

1. 6-pin SWD pod that's a part of any STM32 demo kit.
  2. First 5 pins (no need for SWO) mapped by jumper wires to the "traditional 20-pin" connector, per this: http://support.code-red-tech.com/CodeRedWiki/HardwareDebugConnections?action=show&redirect=CM3_SWD
  3. Programmed using ST-Link Utility
  4. ...
  5. Connected to the dSPIN eval software!!!