cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F723e-disco HS USB examples - Cube issues

Brian Kennedy
Associate II
Posted on January 11, 2018 at 18:31

I am currently trying to generate a new project for Keil as a HS Custom HID device (eventually it will be composite with another class) and have been encountering enumeration issues.  The code builds, loads, and runs, but my USB bus analyzer shows a steady streams of chirps, resets, and suspends instead of enumeration.  If I modify the project with the CubeMX tool to use FS instead, the project does appear to enumerate properly so is there something else simple I may be missing here? Are there any standalone HS USB reference examples for the STM32F723e-disco, because I haven't found any yet in the F7 Cube library?

#stm32f7-usb-device-hs
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Brian Kennedy_2
Associate
Posted on January 12, 2018 at 02:14

I sorted out my issues and it ended up being a bad cable (which still worked with FS).  That said, it still would be nice if there were some high speed USB examples.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Brian Kennedy_2
Associate
Posted on January 12, 2018 at 02:14

I sorted out my issues and it ended up being a bad cable (which still worked with FS).  That said, it still would be nice if there were some high speed USB examples.

Posted on January 16, 2018 at 15:07

Hello

Kennedy.Brian

There is an application titled 'HID_Standalone' found under the

http://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/embedded-software/mcus-embedded-software/stm32-embedded-software/stm32cube-mcu-packages/stm32cubef7.html

firmware package:

STM32Cube_FW_F7_V1.8.0\Projects\STM32F723E-Discovery\Applications\USB_Device\HID_Standalone.

This application is a part of the USB Device Library package using STM32Cube firmware. It describes how to use the USB device application based on theHIDon the STM32F723xx devices.

To select the appropriate USB Core to work with, the macro define 'USE_USB_HS' is added within the compiler preprocessor (project : STM32F723E-DISCOVERY_USBD_HS).

To use the USB HS, you should connect the STM32F723E-Discovery board to the PC through the 'USB micro A-Male to A-Male' cable to the connector CN

Khouloud.