Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F407G-DISC1 - cannot access memory

Joni Silva
Associate
Posted on December 22, 2016 at 15:02

Hi,

after working with this board fine for a while I now have a problem. Using Keil when I tried to LOAD the program a message reads: 'Flash Timeout. Reset the Target and try again.'. I tried a lot of things, from simply removing it from the USB port and connecting again, to changing download options, which never worked.

I then proceeded to use ST-Link Utility to try and change the read/write protection. I cannot access the memory and that is what appears in the program 'Can not read memory. 'Disable Read out protection and retry.', which I cannot due because I cannot access its memory.

I am starting to think that the hardware may be somehow damaged, which if that is the case, I cannot figure out why.

Anyone got this problem and a solution?

#flash #stm32f4-discovery
2 REPLIES 2
Posted on December 22, 2016 at 15:26

The DISC1 boards I've seen had a buggy ST-LINK firmware, suggest you get most current Utilities, and update first.

If you think the current code is causing an issue, you can jumper the BOOT and VDD pins, and reset, this will get you into the system loader, erase or program the device in this mode. You could also look at the connection options, choose 'Connect under reset'. Check also that SWD mode is being used in Keils debugger settings/options.

Then look if the code does things with the GPIO, low power modes, etc that might lock out the debugger.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Posted on December 22, 2016 at 15:56

Thank you for the quick reply! However, none of the solutions worked. I already had upgraded to the new firmware successfully (which I found odd that I could do) and tried the other options, but I cannot check if the code is the problem because I cannot seem to get into the system loader as you say.

Do you mean jumping the BOOT0 and VDD pins and the pressing reset? I did that and I couldn't do anything still,