cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I install a new FW version in STM32CubeMX?

Ron Koch
Associate II
Posted on August 23, 2017 at 15:58

I'm using STM32Cube FW F4 v1.13. I see a new v1.16 on the website and have downloaded the '.zip' file. But STMCubeMX -> Help -> Install New Libraries does not see the new version out on the web. If I install 'From Local...' it unpacks the '.zip' file in my repository, but the new version does not appear in the FW Releases list. The updaters say that my STM32CubeMX and FW are up to date. 

I'm running STM32CubeMX in the AC6 Eclipse environment on a Mac. 

4 REPLIES 4
Posted on August 23, 2017 at 16:31

I believe STM32CubeMX, when used as an Eclipse plugin, can't update to the latest version using its own updater.

You should either use Eclipse's updater in its Help menu to update the STM32CubeMX plugin or manually

http://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/development-tools/software-development-tools/stm32-software-development-tools/stm32-configurators-and-code-generators/stsw-stm32095.html

and update it to the latest version.

In its turn the latest version of STM32CubeMX will be able to use the latest versions of the drivers.

Posted on August 23, 2017 at 19:21

Eclipse updater didn't work. I had to do it manually. 

I also made the mistake of downloading the STM32CubeMX application instead of the STM32CubeMX Eclipse plugin. 

Also had to go into the Project Properties and update all the paths. 

I think I got this now. Thanks for your help. 

Khouloud GARSI
Lead II
Posted on August 24, 2017 at 12:00

Hi

Koch.Ron

‌,

This is reported internally for further check. We will keep you posted about any further update.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may have case.

Khouloud.

stm32cube-t
Senior III
Posted on September 08, 2017 at 10:54

Dear Ron,

If STM32CubeMX proposes to you the firmware F4 1.13.0 version, you are likely running STM32CubeMX 4.16.0 version .

F4 1.16.0 firmware package was first introduced with STM32CubeMX 4.20.0.

Typically, you need to upgrade to CubeMX latest version to retrieve the latest firmware versions.

Best regards.