cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating a project to FW_F4_V1.16.0

Ron Koch
Associate II
Posted on August 24, 2017 at 19:20

I wanted to upgrade my F4 FW from 1.13 to the latest. For the STM32CubeMX Eclipse plugin to recognize the new FW I upgraded it to v.4.22.0 in the AC6 environment. I installed the F4 FW to v1.16.0 and migrated the project my project with the STM32CubeMX v4.22.0. I then updated my Project Properties paths to point to the new FW_F4_V1.16.0 location. 

I had some initial problems with errors in the HAL files that cleared up with reboots of the environment. But two problems persist. 

1) When I generate code in STM32CubeMX plugin I get the error window shown in the attachment.

2) When I try to build the project, I get errors in the HAL. Specifically, it can't find the declaration for the '

DMA_HandleTypeDef' structure in stm32f4xx_hal_dma.h even though this header is included. There may be more things that it can't find, but it bombs on this one. 

Any ideas? Thanks,

1 REPLY 1
Posted on August 24, 2017 at 21:53

1) Make sure the directory tree doesn't get too deep and you don't have files open anywhere. Close out all projects (in Keil I'd open a different one so it fully releases). Try having cube create into a new directory.

2) Make sure that

stm32f4xx_hal_conf.h in your project enables the modules you wish to pull in, observe that the include files check for definitions.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..