cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

usb data transfer

ismail fatih iltar
Associate II
Posted on December 12, 2016 at 17:55

hi everyone. i have 2 stm3241-g eval boards  and i wanna establish communication between them by using usb protocol but i have no idea about usb. i have never used it. i need just communication like a rs232. i must use usb cause i need min 30Mb/s baud. i read some documents about protocol and i investigate example project. But this is not enough. especially usb class topic  confusing me. Which class should i use etc. To sum up how can i transmit and receive raw data from mcu buffer to another mcu buffer by using usb ? thx

#usb #data-transfer
3 REPLIES 3
Imen.D
ST Employee
Posted on December 13, 2016 at 14:59

Dear

ILTAR.Ismail_Fatih

‌,

Are youusing a Cube example ? I think you can start with a working USB example within your associated STM32Cube firmware package where the workspace is ready to use. This will help you to have more idea on how configuration/implementation is done.

The STM32Cube USB device library UM1734 user manual will help youon how tousethe STM32Cube USB device library,which is applicable to all STM32 Series that feature an USB peripheral.

Best Regards

-Imen-

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
shingadaddy
Senior
Posted on December 13, 2016 at 15:56

Evaluation board with STM32F417IG MCU .

So for understanding purposes, you have

Option 1- UM1734. No doubt somewhat correct but splattered with the effects of Translation, Interpretation, Comprehension, Business, Hollywood and Politics. For certain – NOT 100% believable.

Option 2 – README.TXT.   Looks like it maybe came from the folks who were actually writing some of the code. When in doubt, believe the README FILE until proven wrong.

The code comments seem pretty spot on too.

If I were you, I'd hunt down the README.TXT file in the project workspace that is usually in a DOC folder and review that. So far - for the STM32L4 (CubeL4 Examples) anyway, It has proven much more accurate / clear than UM1734.

'but i have no idea about usb. i have never used it.'

Putting it mildly, you  have a LOT to learn and I wish you good luck.

ismail fatih iltar
Associate II
Posted on December 13, 2016 at 18:45

Thank you for all the comments