Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to enter in to DFU mode at Run time

Lakshmi Lavanya
Associate II
Posted on December 21, 2016 at 08:10

Hi all,

Can you please explain me how to enter in to DFU mode at run time. I don't have GPIO in my board.

So i did experiment with CDC class, when i get some command from my VCP port then i am entering in to DFU bootloader, but i need another way means using Dfuse tool i want to send the command i.e. 'Enter DFU mode/ HID detach'.

I tried with HID class alone but i am unable to get this button (Enter DFU mode/ HID detach).

How to enable this in Dfuse tool?

Can any body share any document or thread which can explain me about this.

#dfu
6 REPLIES 6
Oliver Beirne
Senior
Posted on December 21, 2016 at 20:00

Hi

Gamini.Lakshmi_Lavan

I have moved your post to

https://community.st.com/community/stm32-community/stm32-forum/activity

where product-related questions are asked. If you have any further questions post them here.

Thanks

Oli

Imen.D
ST Employee
Posted on January 03, 2017 at 17:59

Dear

Gamini.Lakshmi_Lavan

‌,

I recommend to check the

http://www.st.com/content/ccc/resource/technical/document/user_manual/3f/61/72/ff/c5/5a/4a/7b/CD001556pdf/files/CD001556pdf/jcr:content/translations/en.CD001556pdf

' Getting started with DfuSe USB device firmware upgrade STMicroelectronics extension' as mentioned about

'

Enter DFU mode/ HID detach'button

:

'Send Enter DFU mode command. Target will switch from Application to DFU mode or send a HID Detach if the device is a compatible HID device.' (whichis a HID class device providing the HID detach feature (USAGE_PAGE 0xFF00 and USAGE_DETACH 0x0055) in its report descriptor.)

Best Regards

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
Imen.D
ST Employee
Posted on January 13, 2017 at 18:31

Hi

Gamini.Lakshmi_Lavan

‌,

Removethe comment code inDfuSeDemoDlg.cpp file (Line 347-368), this will active your HID devices enumeration.

Please try this update, then re-compile and let me know if the problem still there..

// Begin with HID devices // Commented in Version V3.0.3 and Keep it for customer usage if wanted.

/*

ReleaseHIDMemory();

m_Enum.FindHidDevice(&m_HidDevices,&m_HidDevice_Counter);

FindMyHIDDevice();

for(i=0;i<int(m_HidDevice_Counter);i++)

{

PHID_DEVICE pWalk;

pWalk = m_HidDevices + m_Tab_Index[i];

if(HidD_GetProductString(pWalk->HidDevice, Product, sizeof(Product)))

{

for(j=0;j<160;j+=2)

Prod += Product[j];

}

else

Prod='(Unknown HID Device)';

String.Format('%s',Prod);

m_CtrlDFUDevices.AddString(String);

m_CtrlDevices.AddString(String);

Prod = '';

}

*/

// Commented in Version V3.0.3 and Keep it for customer usage if wanted.

Regards

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
Posted on January 18, 2017 at 16:47

Hi, I'm having the same issue where 'Enter DFU mode/HID detach' button is always disabled.

I tried to recompile with the code above uncommented but my version of Visual Studio (2015) does not look have all the dependencies required. It upgradedthe project to the latest toolset when loading and now when trying to compile it generates 3000+ errors.

Could you please specify exact MS platform toolset and any additional dependencies that are required to compile this project?

Posted on January 19, 2017 at 10:21

Hello

Vazic.Relko

‌,

What exactly the error message did you get?

Regards

Imen

Thanks
Imen
Posted on January 19, 2017 at 16:14

Hi Imen,

Please disregard my question. Upon reloading the project VS indicated that I did not have MFC installed. Once I installed MFC the project compiled fine.