Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Mounting and IDEs for STM32F429ZIT6

Munna Munna
Associate
Posted on December 09, 2016 at 12:57

Hi all,

I am new to microcontroller programming, and i recently started working on STM32F429ZIT6 MCU.

I could able to program the Discovery board with sample programs(Blinking LEDs) with Kiel IDE, though i am facing few licence issues with advanced level of programming so switched to Coocox or System work bench for STM32(OPEN STM32AC6) and working on it.

I would like to attach an embedded LTE module(Skywire� LTE CAT1) to my microcontroller, my problem is i am unable to figure out if i can mount directly with Microcontroller or do i need other nucleo board to attach Modem with MCU? What is the use of nucleoboard if we can directly mount the modem with microcontroller?

After mounting can i be able to program the device with Coocox or OPENSTM32? or Do i need specific IDEs for this application?

Please suggest?

#lte-cat1 #lte-modems
2 REPLIES 2
ST Renegade
Senior
Posted on December 09, 2016 at 21:30

Well, the question would be, whether your embedded board pinout is compatible with the one on Nucleo/Discovery kit. These boards contain the Morpho connectors + Arduino connectors for mounting arduino shields etc. So you need to double check, if your embedded board is compatible with these kits.

A discovery kit is a cheap board, with just few LED's. You can mount different shields to this board to build a complex system. There are plenty of shields manufactured by ST and third party vendors which can be used with Nucleo boards...

Regarding IDE's, it doesn't matter which one you use. It's only used for development, but it has nothing to do with the boards itself. You can even develop it on command line...

Have a nice day,

Renegade

Posted on December 12, 2016 at 02:55

Don't they have an arduino shield adapter? That would make it easy to interface into a NUCLEO-144 (F429), or if you needed a screen, something like the F469-DISCO.

The modem likely needs a suitable power supply, probably beyond the 5V @ 500mA you can get from a USB connection. The IO voltages are compatible with the 3 or 3.3V used by most of the DISCO and NUCLEO boards.

If you want to wire it directly, you can RTFM, review schematics for the evaluation board or shield adapter.

I've hooked up my modems to NUCLEO's before,

0690X00000603OvQAI.jpg
Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..