Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F429ZIT6 Discovery Board, USB File reading and Transmitting with UART

Munna Munna
Associate
Posted on June 07, 2017 at 14:09

Hello all,

In the process of learning Microcontroller programming, I have taken up a project where in  I have mounted a cellular modem to my Discover kit and passing commands(Pre Programmed) to modem with  MCU. Now, I want to transfer a file with large size ranging 10MB+, as flash memory is limited to 2MB , I have created a uint16_t array of ST_logo converted image which looks like { 0xFFFF, 0xFFFF, ....etc. } (Hexadecimal)�and transmitted with UART to Modem which works fine.

Now, when I want to transfer the file more than 10MB, what are the possibilities? I have checked USB-OTG is a support for this Discovery kit, but I couldn't find any examples which could help me. My idea is to Place a file of 10MB or more in a USB stick, start reading from MCU and at the same time transmitting to Modem. Will this work? If so, how to implement. Any small example would help me a lot. Thanks in advance.

P.S: I have already worked with CubeMX,System workbench for STM32 and developed SMS applications, like I can send SMS with modem and MCU kit.

Regards,

Munna  

#rx #stm32f429zit6-discovery #usb-otg-file-tx #transmitting
0 REPLIES 0