Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EMI fitlter design CC driver

Rmesh Presh
Associate
Posted on December 09, 2016 at 16:14

Hi,

I am designing CC driver using HVLED001A using eDesign tool. Now to complete the design i need to design EMI section which i am not able to do. Please provide some reference guide or something for help me in designing EMI filter.

Thank you 

4 REPLIES 4
Oliver Beirne
Senior
Posted on December 11, 2016 at 02:20

Hi

Bellitto.Patrizia

Could you help Rmesh or point in the right direction?

Thanks!

Patrizia BELLITTO
ST Employee
Posted on December 12, 2016 at 10:18

Hello,

I'm contacting the application engineer responsible for this application so that he can give you more tips. 

Meanwhile, have you already checked this application note,  

http://www.st.com/content/ccc/resource/technical/document/application_note/group0/ba/21/1d/6d/45/f6/43/36/DM00335810/files/DM00335810.pdf/jcr:content/translations/en.DM00335810.pdf

?

Maybe you can find here something useful.

Best regards,

Patrizia

Patrizia BELLITTO
ST Employee
Posted on December 12, 2016 at 14:44

Hello,

we suggest you to start from the values of an existing evaluation board similar to the application you need to design, and then apply subsequent adjustments in order to find the best solution.

EMI filter design is a matter of practical tuning and experience, and fixed rules don't exist.

I hope this can help you, contact me for any other doubt.

Best regards,

Patrizia Bellitto

eDesignSuite developer team

Benoit RENARD
Associate III
Posted on December 21, 2016 at 11:20

Hello

presh.rmesh

‌,

EMI is a large topic. A lot of information are missing to adjust the EMI filter values. Tests for setting and validation are highly recommended.

Few questions to start your thought:

Which kind of application did you target ? Submitted to which standard ? Which levels are required ? Behavior at stand-by and at full power ?

For example the EN55014 standard, about Emission and Immunity, gives tests andlevels to fullfill for Appliances applications. This standard showsdifferent levels than theEN55015, about Emission and Immunity also, but for lighting applications.

Let us know accuratly,

Best Regards

Benoit