cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LSM6DS3 Accelerometer X/Y/Z-axis user offset reg can NOT be written ?

be Cha
Associate
Posted on December 09, 2016 at 21:27

I tried to use LSM6DS3's Accelerometer X/Y/Z-axis user offset correction registers(X_OFS_USR: 0x73, Y_OFS_USR: 0x74, Z_OFS_USR: 0x75) to hardware compensate its accelerometer measures to save my host CPU loading, but I found they will stay at zeros after writing with any non-zero values(-127 ~ 127 as specified at page 88-89 in your specification of DocID028475 Rev 4, June 2016)?  

Have someones used LSM6DS3's built-in hardware offset registers and  solved the above problems?

On the other side, MAG_OFF X/Y/Z can be written after enabling access to Embedded Function Register (FUNC_CFG_ACCESS), but it randomly changes, e.g. changing between 180 and 206 deg while the module is statically pointed to 180 deg.  If I zero MAG_OFF X/Y/Z registers and manually apply offset compensation(mag measure - bias), then the compensated direction is correct and fixed at 180 deg without random changing!   Does the problem come from a mal-functional auto-temperature-compensated ? (since I re-read registers and found that the reg values will randomly change after writing MAG_OFF X/Y/Z registers with non-zero offset values)

Cha

1 REPLY 1
Miroslav BATEK
ST Employee
Posted on December 12, 2016 at 14:38

You are referring to 

DocID028475 but this document is datasheet for LSM6DSL. Are you using LSM6DS3 or LSM6DSL?