cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WIFI on STM32F

Brian Beardmore
Associate II
Posted on December 30, 2016 at 18:59

looking at the STM32F103REY6 chip on the SPWF01SA, it has 3 SPI's. Are all 3 of these available to be programmed (I don't see them mentioned in the datasheet) or is it possible to use one of the SPI's MOSI/MISO,SCLK pins and then just use 3 separate GPIO's for the chip select CS pin for my 3 slaves? I need to be able to run 3 SPI slaves, a 20x4 LCD screen and 3 triac relays thru optoisolators. Is my SPI config possible on this chip/wifi module to get what I need out of it plus the wifi features or do I need to run another MCU along side this chip to do all this?

1 REPLY 1
Posted on December 30, 2016 at 20:32

A discussion you'd really want with your sales rep, and if you need an NDA in place.

I don't think you get much access to any of the chip's resources or software source. I'd also expect that the functionality already in there consumes most of the available FLASH and RAM.

I think the abstraction of the WIFI functionality allows you to add a cheap STM32F0 type part to do your portion of the project.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..