cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lps22hb no pressure and temperature response

Masahiro Kondo
Associate
Posted on December 11, 2016 at 07:25

I have connected LPS22HB development kit (STEVAL-MET001V1) and Raspberry Pi 3 with I2C interface and tried to read pressure and temperature data but whatever setting I tried, pressure (0x28, 0x29, 0x2A) and temperature (0x2B, 0x2C) always gives me 0xff. I tried one shot (CTRL-REG1 0x00, CTRL-REG2 0x11) and also continuous 

(CTRL-REG1 0x12, CTRL-REG2 0x10) but these didn't make any difference, and I can read WHO AM I register and all other registers but pressure and temperature output always 0xff, 0xff, 0xff,0xff, 0xff (with single byte read or dump). I am sure I did something wrong but can't figure this out. Has anyone experienced something like this? Register 0x27 shows 0x03 but I still can't read data out (0xff).. Please see the attached screenshot for dump data.

I hope someone could help me to make this chip work..

Regards.

2 REPLIES 2
Seb
ST Employee
Posted on December 11, 2016 at 11:50

If using 1Hz, wait for 1 second before getting the first unfiltered data.

In general, check that all the supply voltages of the sensor are present (analog and interface digital pins)

Then try in one shot mode, and check that the ONE_SHOT bit autoclears after the conversion.

Good luck!

Posted on December 12, 2016 at 08:29

Thank you for your suggestion. I had checked all pins connected and found SA0 was not connected. After I connected SA0 to GND, I could read pressure and temperature with no trouble. Probably I couldn't read data properly because SA0 (I2C lsb address) was floating.

Thank you.