cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cube 4.20 bug with F7

john doe
Lead
Posted on March 09, 2017 at 03:36

when generating code for an stm32f769i-discovery with rcc set to enable external clock, the latest version does this:

RCC_OscInitStruct.OscillatorType = RCC_OSCILLATORTYPE_HSI|RCC_OSCILLATORTYPE_HSE;

which causes a fault when it hits HAL_RCC_OscConfig(). the fix, and the behavior in previous versions, is to not try to choose both clocks at once.

RCC_OscInitStruct.OscillatorType = RCC_OSCILLATORTYPE_HSE;

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Posted on April 19, 2017 at 13:14

Hello,

Please note that this bug is already fixed in a patch of STM32CubeMX (V4.20.1) delivered end of March to fix the regression issue.

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Amel NASRI
ST Employee
Posted on March 09, 2017 at 10:59

Hi John,

I confirm this bug. Our CubeMX team will take care of this to provide a fix soon.

Sorry for such inconvenience.

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Posted on April 19, 2017 at 13:14

Hello,

Please note that this bug is already fixed in a patch of STM32CubeMX (V4.20.1) delivered end of March to fix the regression issue.

-Amel

Luca R
Associate II
Posted on July 12, 2017 at 18:38

I found this bug also with F4:

STM32CubeMX V4.22.0

STM32F4 1.16.0

Please confirm that it can be fixed removing

RCC_OSCILLATORTYPE_HSI

in

RCC_OscInitStruct.OscillatorType = RCC_OSCILLATORTYPE_HSI|RCC_OSCILLATORTYPE_HSE;

Have I to install a patch?

Why V4.22.0 didn't come with the patch that has been developed for V4.20.1?

Regards,

Luca