cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Test LSM6DS3 interrupt with Self Test

Jerome V
Associate II
Posted on December 15, 2016 at 16:25

Hi Everybody, I want to test the interrupt of the LSM6DS3 sensor without any movement. Do you know if it is possible to generate an interrupt with the sensor self test ?

If I program a low interrupt threshold and I launch the self test of the sensor, is it possible to see the interruption ?

Thanks a lot for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Posted on December 16, 2016 at 12:13

There is a possibility to make the interrupt signals latched. When the LIR bit of TAP_CFG (58h) is set to 1, once the interrupt pin is asserted, it must be reset by reading the related interrupt source register.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Seb
ST Employee
Posted on December 16, 2016 at 03:44

Most MEMs have an interrupt option for data ready. Run a one shot conversion (no FIFO) and the interrupt pin (if well configured) should toggle (assuming all is well configured for the output configuration)

Jerome V
Associate II
Posted on December 16, 2016 at 08:40

Thank you Seb for your answer.

Do you know if a combo with the configuration registers permit to generate an interrupt on the pin with a big duration  in order to catch the interrupt ?

Posted on December 16, 2016 at 09:45

Check on the datasheet if the interrupt can be programmed at pulse or 'level until register cleared'.

With MCU connected to the pin, we only need a pulse and use EXTI IO edge detector to get the job done (with breakpoint or LED output for debug)

Jerome V
Associate II
Posted on December 16, 2016 at 12:20

Thank you for your help !

Posted on December 16, 2016 at 12:13

There is a possibility to make the interrupt signals latched. When the LIR bit of TAP_CFG (58h) is set to 1, once the interrupt pin is asserted, it must be reset by reading the related interrupt source register.