Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32 Nucleo-L053R8 board: ''No space left on device'' on linux

Raghavendra Kandur
Associate II
Posted on January 16, 2017 at 05:14

Hi,

I am downloading an elf file to STM32 Nucleo-L053R8 board.  The size of elf is given below:

text       data        bss        dec        hex    filename

54700        728       3504      58932       e634    ../mDigitalIO_ADC.elf

In Linux, for the very first time, the elf successfully downloaded to the target and running properly.  But next time if try to download I am facing the following issue:

No space left on device

If the board is disconnected and reconnected to the Linux machine the download is successful but the second time the same issue occurs.

But in windows, the repeated downloading to the target using simple copy commands works well and the elf runs successfully.

Is there any way to download the elf to Nucleo-L053R8 board without disconnect and reconnect on Linux machine without using st-link debugger instead using just 'cp' command.

Regards,

Raghavendra

11 REPLIES 11
Lead
Posted on January 16, 2017 at 08:08

Does you Nucleo board have a mbed bootloader (or similar) ?

This stuff usually emulates a mass storage device, where you just 'drop in' the executable. And in your case, that bootloader obviously wants to store a second executable 'file'. Not sure what goes on there.

But as a quick fix, you might try to remove the old version before ('rm' command), and pack it all into a script file.

T J
Lead
Posted on January 16, 2017 at 08:50

You may need to flash the nucleo firmware.

https://developer.mbed.org/teams/ST/wiki/Nucleo-Firmware

https://developer.mbed.org/teams/ST/wiki/Nucleo-Firmware

I had a similar problem...

Posted on January 16, 2017 at 08:59

Is there any way to download the elf to Nucleo-L053R8 board without disconnect and reconnect on Linux machine without using st-link debugger instead using just 'cp' command.

You surely meant .bin rather than .elf

JW

Posted on January 16, 2017 at 09:17

Those convenience-bootloaders remind me too much of Arduino and similar 'stuff for superficials'.

First thing I always do is to remove them ...

Posted on January 16, 2017 at 09:20

Hi AvaTar,

Thanks for replying back.

The Nucleo board does have a similar mbed bootloader which is provided by ST and is called as ST-Link/v2-1.  I updated the bootloader firmware of the device which is V2.J28.M18.  Still the same issue.

'rm' command will not work because, as soon as executable is loaded the executable disappears.

Any other help is appreciated.

Regards,

Raghavendra

Posted on January 16, 2017 at 11:20

Hi,

I have updated the firmware with latest on Windows and using the board with Linux. After updating to latest firmware (V2.J28.M18) also, same issue continues.

Is it mandatory to update the firmware on Linux?

Regards,

Raghavendra

Posted on January 16, 2017 at 11:21

Yes, the executable is .bin which is derived from .elf.

Posted on January 16, 2017 at 11:24

I had update the firmware on two separate boards to resolve the need to disconnect and reconnect the USB cable..

it worked for Win10.

nichtgedacht
Senior
Posted on January 16, 2017 at 13:47

Hi

'No space left on device' ==> df -h