Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request of VL53L0X

Sun.Li.001 Sun
Associate II

Posted on December 29, 2016 at 08:41

Hello,

I am using VL53L0X to perform range measurement. I knew there are C APIs and examples that provided by ST already. However, due to I am developing my project by other language, I think I should access to registers to achieving measurement.

My problem is I don't know the definition and valid value of all registers. I tried to find relevant information on my.st.com and some technical forums, and got some useful clues. For example, I knew the address of VL53L0X_REG_SYSRANGE_START is 0x00 and I can configure different modes of range measurement by setting different values. Sadly, I cannot find a Spec that guides me to learn whole registers. So I will not achieve more functionalities by reading/writing registers.

So could you please provide me some relevant information or Spec which describes all registers in VL53L0X ?

Thanks!

11 REPLIES 11
Oliver Beirne
Senior

Posted on December 29, 2016 at 20:30

Hello

sun.li.001

I have moved your post to

https://community.st.com/s/topic/0TO0X000000BSqTWAW/

where product related questions are asked.

Thanks

Oli

Sun.Li.001 Sun
Associate II
Posted on December 30, 2016 at 04:12

Hi

oliverbeirne

Thanks for your help!

I downloaded the 'VL53L0X_1.0.2' and found the 'vl53l0x_tuning.h' in VL53L0X_1.0.2\Api\core\inc. However, there is no comments for those register configurations. It seems to me very confused what's the meaning of those registers and why I need to perform so many configurations.

BR

Li

Posted on December 30, 2016 at 07:01

And I find a similar request

https://community.st.com/0D50X00009XkeHcSAJ

I believe I have the same trouble and demand. 
Oliver Beirne
Senior

Posted on January 16, 2017 at 10:06

Sterba.Petr

&

Batek.Miroslav

could you help with this query please?

Posted on January 16, 2017 at 10:01

If anyone care about this request?

Posted on February 04, 2017 at 08:04

If there was any progress?

Posted on February 04, 2017 at 09:32

Please accept my apologies for the lack of response here. I have referred this post again internally and I hope to get you a response asap.

Many thanks

Soren Karlsen
Associate II
Posted on March 27, 2017 at 17:07

Im not from ST but I have had the same problem since the start of 2017. What they have told me / my contact in Avnet is:

'

Memory map and register content is not provided for this device because it is too complex to understand the registers content. Today, the only access to the device is API, and could be also scripts in medium term.

' I got this answer less than a month ago.

I guess this answer your question?

Posted on May 25, 2017 at 16:01

'

Memory map and register content is not provided for this device because it is too complex to understand the registers content. 

So basically ST is saying that all EE's and CE's are incompetent.

They'll lose a lot of sales because of their stance on withholding info about their device.