Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST25 m24sr64y Interrupt

Aswin Paranji
Associate II
Posted on January 04, 2017 at 10:39

Hi,

We have integrated NFC chip to the beagle bone custom board. We would like to know how to use interrupt  which when triggered by phone allows our application in linux to read from the chip.Appreciate if you can provide some sample code. It has to use I2C protocols.

Thanks

Aswin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Posted on January 06, 2017 at 10:40

The board you mention is not based on a STmicroelectronics MCU, so the answer is no.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Ronald B.
Associate III
Posted on January 04, 2017 at 13:27

Hello Aswin,

I suggest you have a look to the M24SR-DISCOVERY board software, here:

http://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/embedded-software/st25-nfc-rfid-software/stsw-m24sr001.html

This software defines a M24SR_ManageGPO function to initialize the M24SR GPO.

In the M24SR-DISCOVERY demo, after calling this function, the application polls on the PIO connected on the M24SR GPO.

Please note, that the STSW-M24SR001 is a STM32 software (so not a Linux driver).

Regards.

Posted on January 05, 2017 at 11:22

Hi

What you are suggesting is to poll. What I need is to trigger to be used and a call back function to be called.

I have gone through the software and trying to figure out how to call interrupt.

Please advice me how to use triggers.

Thanks

Aswin Paranji

Posted on January 05, 2017 at 15:09

Hi Aswin,

Your request actually depends on the MCU & software framework you are using.

The following link (x-cube-nfc1) provides an example based on the STM32Cube framework:

https://my.st.com/content/my_st_com/en/products/embedded-software/mcus-embedded-software/stm32-embedded-software/stm32cube-expansion-software/x-cube-nfc1.html

The GPIO used to detect the transitions on the M24SR GPO is configured by the M24SR_GPOInit function (main.c), the corresponding EXTI interrupt is enabled in the same function.

The original IRQ callback is defined in the stm32f4xx_it.c: function EXTI9_5_IRQHandler.

And the IRQ is redirected to the application GPO handler: HAL_GPIO_EXTI_Callback in stm32f4xx_hal_msp.c.

Does it help with your request?

Regards.

Posted on January 06, 2017 at 10:35

Hi,

We have used Beagle bone black platform and integrated the NFC into it. This is provided to us as a custom board.

Will the software work on this platform.

Thanks

Aswin

Posted on January 06, 2017 at 10:40

The board you mention is not based on a STmicroelectronics MCU, so the answer is no.