cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F103C8 Debugging Using STM Studio (version 3.5.1)

Suyog Buradkar
Associate

Posted on September 21, 2017 at 12:34

Hi,

I am trying to obtain real time variable reading in STM Studio But When My STM Board starts running program My STM Studio was unable to detect STLInk V2 and My program Runs only in Flash Mode.

I am using ST Link Utility for programming My STM32 Board. In my program I toggle LED to know that program is running. And I also declared variables for real time debugging.

The Board does not start to run program when programming is done using ST Link Utility. Instead when I set device to flash mode code runs but device is not detected by STM Studio and ST Link Utility.

The Main Code is given below.

Please refer to the attached file to see the code

1 REPLY 1
S C
ST Employee
Posted on March 07, 2018 at 13:29

Hello,

There is the following note in STM32F103x8 datasheet (pin description) which probably indirectly explains the issue when using tools with your application:

5. PC13, PC14 and PC15 are supplied through the power switch. Since the switch only sinks a limited amount of current

(3 mA), the use of GPIOs PC13 to PC15 in output mode is limited: the speed should not exceed 2 MHz with a maximum

load of 30 pF and these IOs must not be used as a current source (e.g. to drive an LED).

I suggest to try the STM Studio with a similar application on another GPIO if possible