cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32Cubemx Blank New Project Page

Coley Jonathan
Associate
Posted on January 20, 2017 at 19:36

Hello, I am new to the CubeMX community and the problem I am having is that when I open CubeMX and try to start a new project all I get is a blank screen where my device selection should be. I uninstalled the application and reinstalled it and restarted my laptop (HP using Windows 10) and still have no luck. However I am still able to open previous projects created. Has anyone else had this issue and if so how do I fix it?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Posted on January 26, 2017 at 13:19

Thank you for the reply but I actually solved the issue the day I posted this question. It happened to two separate versions so I'm not blaming this on any update. However another student came across the same issue so I am going to explain what it is in this post so it can be referenced by others. The select device screen pops up blank but I noticed if you double click somewhere in the middle a random device is selected and it continues with the device you blindly selected. All that was needed to view the device list was to expanded the window ever so slightly and bam, everything is there. Not sure why the screen originally comes blank but it's an easy fix

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Nesrine M_O
Lead II
Posted on January 26, 2017 at 11:08

Hi,

Is this behavior occurring after 

updating a new version of CUBEMX?

-Nesrine-

Posted on January 26, 2017 at 13:19

Thank you for the reply but I actually solved the issue the day I posted this question. It happened to two separate versions so I'm not blaming this on any update. However another student came across the same issue so I am going to explain what it is in this post so it can be referenced by others. The select device screen pops up blank but I noticed if you double click somewhere in the middle a random device is selected and it continues with the device you blindly selected. All that was needed to view the device list was to expanded the window ever so slightly and bam, everything is there. Not sure why the screen originally comes blank but it's an easy fix

BNepo
Associate

sorry for updating old forum topics but i just got same issue. it happened on 4.12, 4.25 4.26 versions. Anybody have ideas? (any other applications on pc work fine)

akos
Associate II

Where is admin here, I have same trouble after reinstall windows cubemx is not working anymore, doesnt work different version cubemx or java, we need to use cubemx and need to support by ST admin

This isn't a staff heavy forum, I think the group from Tunisia has gone home for the weekend, it's night there.

I'm not a CubeMX user.

You might want to go into the Java control panel and check/report the versions.

Report version of Windows involved.

Check you have Administrative rights for install and connectivity to the internet that allows for checking and downloading updates from the app. Check for AV or firewall issues.

Speak to your IT guys if appropriate.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
akos
Associate II

on windows 7 cubeMX new version doesnt work need to instal older version frım here u can find https://community.st.com/s/question/0D50X00009XkYVDSA3/please-provide-a-way-to-download-older-version-of-the-cube V4.15.1 working on my computer- new versions disaster update by cubeMX for w7