Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nucleo F746zg and ILI9488 TFT

Markus Fink
Associate
Posted on January 23, 2017 at 07:43

Hi,

I am trying to use a TFT with ILI9488 via SPI. The Display works but it is incredibly slow. What am I doing wrong ?

I am using FreeRTOS and LWip in my project, too.

It would be great to get a hint or two.

Thanks

Markus

2 REPLIES 2
AVI-crak
Senior
Posted on January 23, 2017 at 15:05

You have used the rules:

Address Team -> Data address -> Command to draw a point -> color data of one point. This must be done slowly.

There is another option:

working area limitation command -> limited options -> Command to draw flow -> lots of colored dots.

In this case, ILI9488 own places colored dots in a limited area of the specified screen. As if more data than can fit - the region will begin to fill in the new cycle.

By the way, ILI9488 mode 16bit parallel access (interface 8080) - time to draw 90 frames per second. Quickly, with the use of deception through DMA2D (store the result in the memory area of the screen), the rest of the free time of 30%. This is an opportunity, but not a requirement. I use the speed of screen flicker 60 Hz, and the speed of screen updates 30 hertz. Otherwise, do not have time to prepare for the display area using DMA2D.

Posted on February 01, 2017 at 05:25

Dear Markus Fink,

ILI9488....support upto 320x480 TFT screen that feels 'huge screen size' for small scale microcontroller.

You said 'incredibly slow' is right,it's not suitable for ILI9488 using SPI inteface.

SPI interface is 16times slower than 16bit-parallel(DBI) inteface even if you use with DMA.

As avi_crak.videocrak said,should use 16bit-bus FSMC + DMA2D.

Best Regards,

Nemui.