antonius
Senior
Posted on April 07, 2017 at 07:07

STM32F429-DISCOVERY, it has STM32F429 on it

Imen.D
ST Employee
Posted on April 07, 2017 at 10:24

Hi,

You may refer to the datasheet and reference manual and check the available features regarding your needs in order to choose your hardware.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
T J
Lead
Posted on April 08, 2017 at 02:24

its easier to start inside CubeMX, try to arrange all of your peripherals there.

Some F4 and F7s are pin for pin peripheral matched, but that's only helpful if you want to make your own board.

do you have a maximum speed request ?   generally, the F7s do go faster.

S.Ma
Principal
Posted on April 08, 2017 at 08:23

There is a tool for smartphone and pc called mcu finder. It will help reduce your constraints solving to narrow down your options to the most suitable ones.

Posted on April 08, 2017 at 17:25

All the primary F4 and F7 parts would be a fit.

The DISCO boards of recent times are awfully pin constrained due to on-board peripherals.

Look at the NUCLEO-144 series, a lot more access to pins and functionality that you add yourself.

Try to do you own due-diligence work, it will make you more employable, and avoid choices you will be blamed for.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Posted on April 08, 2017 at 17:27

The STM32F429-DISCO has honestly got to be the worst platform to escape things like SDIO, ETHERNET, ADC and SPI, the LCD+SDRAM cause a lot of conflict for available pins.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Posted on April 09, 2017 at 16:22

Thanks for your suggestion.

Does all F4 & F7 (with MMC support) support only SD mode or would support SDIO (for CMD52/CMD53)?

Posted on April 09, 2017 at 18:02

I've use MMC and SD/SDHC/SDXC cards with the F2/F4 micros, I have not used eMMC chips.

The source to the libraries are open and can be inspected.

Posted on April 10, 2017 at 01:24

Datasheet will help very much, this link will help,

http://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/product-selector.html