cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeMX V4.24.0 code generation failure (bug report)

JB2500
Associate III

Posted on February 13, 2018 at 18:23

ST: Bug report:

I've just upgraded from CubeMX V4.23.0 to V4.24.0.

Using this re a Nucleo 144 'F767 board, I'm finding that 'Menu => Project => Generate Code' works once, then fails thereafter in one of two ways:

1. If 'Menu => Project => Project Settings => Code Generator => Generated files => Backup previously generated files when re-generating' is checked, then it freezes during code generation. See screenshot. The only way I've found to proceed it to terminate the underlying java process.
  2. If 'Menu => Project => Project Settings => Code Generator => Generated files => Backup previously generated files when re-generating' is not checked, then it says 'The Code is successfully generated under <Path> but SW4STM32project generation have a problem'. Again, see screenshot. Presumably it should say 'Code generation has succeeded' or 'Code generation has failed'. Surely there should be no case where it has both succeeded and failed*. Furthermore, I can find no log or other information about the 'SW4STM32project generation' problem. (Incidentally, I suggest standardizing on whether the process is 'Code generation' or 'Project generation').

If I relocate the *.ioc file, code generation works once but fails thereafter.

This is a major problem for me because I can find no source of the previous version, CubeMX V4.23.0. Elsewhere in this forum it is stated by ST that they provide no means of downloading previous versions of CubeMX.

Please forward this to your CubeMX programming team.

JB.

* Edit: From further use, I think this means that the Inc and Src folders are correct, and possibly the .mxproject file, but that other files to do with the project, e.g. .cproject and .project, are incorrect. I cannot do more extensive / precise testing as I now don't have (and cannot obtain, it seems) a working version of CubeMX.

#code-generation #cubemx #stm32

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jeanne Joly
Senior III
Posted on March 20, 2018 at 17:34

Hello

Bladen.John

This issue is now fixed in the current CubeMX release.

Please, upgrade with CubeMX4.25 if not already done.

BR. Jeanne

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
JB2500
Associate III
Posted on February 13, 2018 at 18:40

ST: Bug report:

A further bug is that the initial size of the now resizable 'Project Settings' form / dialog is initially too small to see all the content on the 'Project' tab. Specifically, the 'Firmware Package' location is not visible. This is a small bug, but one worth fixing because (a) it's easy to fix, and (b) I need to access the 'Firmware Package' location whenever I create a project because I don't store it at the default location.

Please forward this to your CubeMX programming team.

Cheers,

JB.

Imen.D
ST Employee
Posted on February 13, 2018 at 18:57

Hello

Bladen.John

Thankk you for your reported issues.

We raised your feedback internally to CubeMx team for further check and investigation.

Best Regards,

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
Posted on February 14, 2018 at 11:44

To confirm the bugs described above:

I have returned to CubeMX V4.23.0 and all the problems listed above have disappeared.

An additional problem with V4.24.0 was that before it started freezing / giving an error message when recreating projects (depending on whether it was set to create backup files), it damaged an Eclipse project so that it wouldn't build.
Jeanne Joly
Senior III
Posted on February 23, 2018 at 11:01

Hello

Bladen.John

We saw this issue and a fix will be available in the next CubeMX release.

Sorry for any inconvenience it may cause.

BR. Jeanne

Posted on February 23, 2018 at 11:27

Any chance of fixing the bug that sets up the systick timer inside SystemClock_Config even if you are not using systtick for the hal timer? I have to comment out code every time I update from CubeMX because of this.

See here:

https://community.st.com/0D50X00009XkibgSAB

Jeanne Joly
Senior III
Posted on March 20, 2018 at 17:34

Hello

Bladen.John

This issue is now fixed in the current CubeMX release.

Please, upgrade with CubeMX4.25 if not already done.

BR. Jeanne

DSukh.5
Associate II

Is reproduced on 5.3 also. Its really disturbing

in 5.3 again...

IAdak.1
Associate

For Me the issue has been solved for me by returning back to MXCube 5.2 version