Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeMX STM32F4 Library Install Problem

Jason Petras
Associate
Posted on January 24, 2017 at 19:55

Hello all, 

I am running into a problem with updating the STM32F4 library in STM32CubeMX ver 4.19. I want to install the STM32F4 library package ver 4.14. However, I get an error stating 'These Files have problem during Download : stm32cube_fw_f4_v1140.zip (Target directory already exists)' 

I am able to install the previous STM32F4 package, rev 1.13 without problems. 

I have tried uninstalling, reinstalling, deleting the repository package directory, etc, etc. No dice. Perhaps I am missing a directory to clean up while reinstalling. Also, I can see where the .zip is downloaded to when running the updater. There is nothing there. It shouldn't have any problems. I also tried installing the package via the 'Load from file', but no dice there. I get an error that way too. 

I also thought that the package may have already come with CubeMX, but I am prompted to download the package when I try to generate code.Of course, this fails for the same reason

So, long story short, I am stuck. I would appreciate the help! Looks like there are others who have had issues in the past, but there are no answers.I listed on below. 

https://community.st.com/0D50X00009Xkh43SAB

null
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jason Petras
Associate
Posted on January 24, 2017 at 22:21

okay, I got it! Answer is pretty simple: Go to ST's STM32Cube Embedded Software site, find the correct package and download it. Then use the 'From Local..' button in the New Libraries Manager dialog to load the downloaded zip. 

Apparently, all it takes is sleep and a good cup of coffee.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
Jason Petras
Associate
Posted on January 24, 2017 at 22:21

okay, I got it! Answer is pretty simple: Go to ST's STM32Cube Embedded Software site, find the correct package and download it. Then use the 'From Local..' button in the New Libraries Manager dialog to load the downloaded zip. 

Apparently, all it takes is sleep and a good cup of coffee.

Posted on December 13, 2017 at 21:10

Yeah, that doesn't seem to work so well with the stm32cube_fw_l4_v1100 version of the zip file. Unzipped into a folder to verify the zip, and then tried to install local. No dice.

Does anybody have an idea?

Posted on December 13, 2017 at 21:35

What exactly does it say is the problem?

If you pull from the server does it have an error in the download or unpack phases?

Is the repository under the \User\XXX directory, or have you specified a different path when you installed CubeMX?

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Posted on December 15, 2017 at 15:28

I had the same issue with the L4 fw 1.10.0. I copied the 1.10.0 zip to my desktop (CubeMX wouldn't allow me to chose from original location) and loaded it 'From Local..'. Don't unzip it, leave it as is. It installed correctly now.

Posted on December 19, 2017 at 16:07

I forget the exact wording of the error, essentially 'something bad happened'. If memory serves, I got around the problem by launching CubeMX in Administrative mode, then I was allowed to install.

Thanks
John Griswold
Senior
Posted on December 26, 2017 at 15:58

It would appear (based on simple empirical data) that being Admin when running CubeMX is helpful. I was unable to download the firmware packages at all when signed in as just me. I was unable to install packages I manually downloaded when signed in as just me. When I started the CubeMX as Admin, I was able to both install packages that were manually pulled, plus I am able to download and install as Admin.

I'd start there.
PeterL
Associate III

I was running STM32CubeMX as Admin, but am still failing.0690X000008A3KPQA0.png

I also experienced the same error "Error downloading ..." with Admin mode .

The workaround is to extract from ZIP file under c:\user\yourname\STM32Cube\​Repository

HKim.12
Associate

go to website STM32Cube MCU & MPU Packages(https://www.st.com/en/embedded-software/stm32cube-mcu-mpu-packages.html)

and find your device -> product selection -> get software

and there are zip file like as en.stm32~.zip

and C:\Users\"yourname"\STM32Cube\Repository ( you can find this directory at window -> preference -> firmware update -> repository setup )

and then move en.stm32~.zip to C:\Users\"yourname"\STM32Cube\Repository (don't unzip) and rename en.stm32 like that stm32cube_fw_l4_v1140.zip.

then go stm32cubeIDE -> project -> generate code then system automatically do something. next it, you can do your programming.