cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LWIP ....what am i doing wrong?

Andrew C
Associate II
Posted on December 21, 2017 at 22:38

I am trying to get LWIP and use it as a client... I scoured demos and I was able to produce what I think is working code. I set it up so I simply spam the server with a message so i can see that i am actually sending something (sort like you do with serial read outs). The problem is I am not sure I am testing it right as I am getting nothing. The ST demo says to use echotool, but that does not work on Windows 10. I downloaded SocketTest, but after I set everything up, I get nothing. I set up the code to use the ip address that windows has for my ethernet port, but I still do not get a response. Any tips on what to look for? Also I attached my project in case you wanted to see it. 

2 REPLIES 2
Lead
Posted on December 22, 2017 at 09:05

Wireshark runs under Windows, too.

Check/filter for any ethernet packages with your client's IP address.

Andrew C
Associate II
Posted on December 22, 2017 at 16:14

Thanks for the tip...

so, I downloaded Wireshark. It gave me a lot of info

0690X00000609HeQAI.png

I found that it connected to the address 169.254.255.255, which I am assuming is the stmicro (nothing else for it to connect to). What do I do with the port numbers? In the code, it is port 7 (it is what they assign it), however, it is giving me different numbers in Wireshark. When I use the src port number, it says it is already is use and that i cannot bind. Also, in my code, I do a udp_send, but that does not seem to be spamming my server. Sorry if I sound uninformed, but I am new ethernet...:(