cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How TouchGFX integrated into STMCubeMX and STMCubeF7 packages?

Ajith P V
Associate II
Posted on February 03, 2017 at 13:04

Hi,

I'm currently planning to use the 

STM32F769NI micro controller hence, started to work with '

STM32F769I-EVAL evaluation board

' as a starting step.

Since, I need a GUI to show graphical update to LCD, we are planning to use TouchGFX for the same with STMCubeMX and STM32CubeF7 package. I have seen the TouchGFX is also present on the desktop of STM32 and curious to know how it is actually integrating.

Is there any code or reference available for integrating TouchGFX into the STMCubeMX+STM32F7 package? In a nutshell, I will make the GUI separately with expecting the values and those values will be calculated and send it from STMCubeMX+STM32F7 package. We are planning to use FreeRTOS for both.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

Ajith P V

#stm32f769i-eval #stm32
1 REPLY 1
N. SANTINI
ST Employee
Posted on February 03, 2017 at 14:46

Hi,

First, there is no TouchGFX integration as of today in CubeMX and it is not planned for the moment, this would require a specific partnership (such as for emWin for example) that is not (yet ?) defined.

On another hand ST has been deploying (end of 2016) a couple of sessions of a graphical workshop that presents 3 solutions to build a graphical user interface on STM32 : STemWin, TouchGFX and Enbedded Wizard (more sessions will come in 2017).

One of the main output of this workshop is that there is, as you mentioned, a lack of guidelines to integrate a TouchGFX (or else) GUI into an existing CubeMX generated project.

As a result the support team is currently building such guidelines for each partner solution.

Fortunately for TouchGFX the task is not that hard since they already provide Keil and IAR projects so that you 'only' need to merge their project to yours 🙂

The files you must care about are the TouchGFX libraries (containing their Graphic Engine), and the following files : stm32f7xx_hal_conf.h and main.c (that contains the TouchGFX library initialization steps). From my point of view these files must be merged with the ones generated by the CubeMX software.

In the end you will have both TouchGFX GUI and STM32F7 specific source code !

Best regards,

Nicolas