cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to setup SW4STM32 to use Rlink

John Osen
Associate II
Posted on February 09, 2017 at 23:19

I am new to both SW4STM32 and the emulator Rlink.  Rlink works with Ride7; however, there are some .ld tricks I cannot get to in Ride7.

How do you setup Rlink to work with SW4STM32?

Alternatively, how do you get the gdb to work with SW4STM32 + STM3210C-EVAL?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
John Osen
Associate II
Posted on March 23, 2017 at 13:39

I did get st-link and Rlink working.  When the sales rep gave me an st-link, I was running in minutes.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Posted on February 10, 2017 at 05:45

Or you could just get an ST-LINK, or cheap clone, rather than fight with the RLink and the availability of driver/support beyond Raisonance. Perhaps look at OpenOCD? Pretty sure there isn't any magic in the .LD linker scripts related to the RLink.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Posted on February 10, 2017 at 15:10

Thanks for the reply.

(An off topic question for Clive One - your profile says 'Sr Engineer'.  Do you work for STM or are you a third party engineer graciously answering forum questions?  I guess the real question is: Is this forum monitored by STM engineers?)

I am surprised a SW4STM32 example from STM for the STM3210C-EVAL from STM does not work out of the box.  Basically the example I am using is the blinky example: GPIO/GPIO_IOToggle.

If I do get a ST-LINK ($25, no big deal), how do I get ST-LINK to work?  SW4STM32 looks like it only handles gdb, which I have little experience with and what experience I have had is not good.

Is this the correct forum for these questions, or should I be asking them on the OpenSTM32 forum?

Posted on February 10, 2017 at 15:42

As my profile indicates, I don't work for ST.

There are a few ST staff here, denoted by an ST symbol by their names. Primary support typically comes from the sales/distribution channels and FAE assigned to customer accounts.

The STM3210C-EVAL is VERY old, the STM32F1 family is close to 10 years old at this point, and thus the older boards don't receive high priority moving them to new platforms. Try using Keil or IAR, with projects/tools contemporary with the board.

The RLink isn't something with heavy coverage here. SW4STM32 has it's own forum for what that's worth, last time I pulled it up there was a lot of spam.

Clone ST-LINK's might run $5-10. The NUCLEO and DISCO boards have one built in, and are the primary dev boards, the simple ones running $10-$25

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
John Osen
Associate II
Posted on March 23, 2017 at 13:39

I did get st-link and Rlink working.  When the sales rep gave me an st-link, I was running in minutes.