cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SW4STM32 + STM3210C-Eval Hello World program

John Osen
Associate II
Posted on February 03, 2017 at 21:58

I am evaluating an STM32 chip with CAN with respect to the CAN enabled bootloader.

I have programmed for years on the TI CCS IDE on ARM4s.  SW4STM32 is a similar IDE.

I have SW4STM32 installed.  I have the STM3210C connected via USB.

I get the following when trying to debug:

----------

Error in final launch sequence

Failed to execute MI command:

-target-select remote localhost:3333

Error message from debugger back end:

localhost:3333: The system tried to join a drive to a directory on a joined drive.

localhost:3333: The system tried to join a drive to a directory on a joined drive.

----------

I am trying to get to the point where I can set a breakpoint on the first statement in main().

I have attached screen shots of my debug configuration settings, where I would guess my settings are not correct.

Might someone suggest what I have amiss?

Where may I find some SW4STM32 quickstart documentation?  Especially for the STM3210C-EVAL?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Posted on March 23, 2017 at 13:36

I apologize for not closing this thread earlier.  It turns out the sales rep did not give me the necessary emulator.  I assumed the emulator was embedded on the eval board.  It was not.  Once that significant issue was resolved, I was emulating in minutes.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Oliver Beirne
Senior
Posted on February 04, 2017 at 09:35

Hello John

I have moved your thread to the

https://community.st.com/community/stm32-community/stm32-forum?sr=search&searchId=632a6e8e-67ed-4a19-8d03-8db68dd30c42&searchIndex=0

‌ where someone should be able to assist you.

Thanks

Oli

Imen.D
ST Employee
Posted on March 22, 2017 at 15:59

Hi,

I think that this error is due to the pending debug session and may be you

have many active gdb instances

So, 

you need to close them from debug perspective (

Window > Open Perspective > Other >Debug

), then from 'Debug view' you should terminate/remove all active sessions and be sure 

that all debug session are off.

You would refer to the 

http://www.ac6-tools.com/content.php/content_SW4MCU//lang_en_GB.xphp

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
Posted on March 23, 2017 at 13:36

I apologize for not closing this thread earlier.  It turns out the sales rep did not give me the necessary emulator.  I assumed the emulator was embedded on the eval board.  It was not.  Once that significant issue was resolved, I was emulating in minutes.