cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will this Arduino shield (GAMMA-ARD) work with Nucleo?

Timothy Howard
Associate II
Posted on February 05, 2017 at 09:33

Hello farnell has

http://uk.farnell.com/rf-solutions/gamma-ard/arduino-shield-868mhz-telemetry/dp/2500109

:0690X0000060Mq6QAE.jpg

It's 868MHz Operation Transceiver, link is above.

I think there's 5V vs. 3.3V problem, is that correct? Only those shields that tolerate lower voltage will work. In my opinion ST should test all interesting Arduino shields out there, and publish a list. Too bad Wish List is closed now, I would submit this request � testing of Arduino shields, like it has been done with the Adafruit TFT shield (the default firmware handles the shield).

#transmit #arduino #shield
2 REPLIES 2
Posted on February 05, 2017 at 18:56

I don't think there is a lot of interest to take on such a mammoth task, and the priorities tend to be self serving. This is something the community would need to do itself.

Does the shield support IOREF? Review the schematics and datasheets.

Most digital pins on the STM32 these days are 5V tolerant. Choice for USART connectivity tend to be most limiting.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Posted on February 06, 2017 at 09:53

My Nucleo-F767ZI has USART (STM32F767ZIT6). Datasheet of the shield doesn't mention it. By IOREF you probably mean top-left pin ♯ 3 (or ♯ 2 if counting only Arduino pins, ♯ 1 is NC). The shield spans across that pin, but I think it doesn't use it, because on the actual interior sub-board there is rather nothing that looks like IOREF:

0690X00000606CEQAY.png

They put that small board on Arduino shield.

PS. List of compatible shields could be a magnet for new customers. Or repeller, if most shields doesn't work.