cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there going to be C++ support in the future CubeMX releases?

Jeremi Wójcicki
Associate II
Posted on February 06, 2017 at 11:00

I would like to know if guys from ST are planning to support C++ in the next releases of the CubeMX? I know that you can port your project, but it's not hassle free operation, especially if you often regenerate your project through CubeMX (e.g. by adding some peripherals, changing configuration etc. etc.). I would really apprecciate it!

#support #cubemx #c++
6 REPLIES 6
Imen.D
ST Employee
Posted on February 06, 2017 at 11:31

Hello

jeremi.wojcicki

‌,

You request is reported internallyfor more investigation.

Your comments and suggestions are welcome to improve our solutions.

Best Regards

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
Jeanne Joly
Senior III
Posted on January 18, 2018 at 15:25

Hi

Wojcicki.Jeremi

We do understand the need for you to generate C++project and this need is well known internally.

However, for the moment, with the success of STM32CubeMX, we have a lot of requests/suggestions to study andmanyimprovements to integrate.

And the C++ generation project item is not yet under study currently.

Sorry, for the inconvenience it may cause.

BR. Jeanne

snigg
Associate III

Please understand that this really is an inconvenience! I urge ST to reconsider. The code that is generated does need a lot of cleaning to use it in a productive environment. Yet coding by hand is too time consuming and error prone.

HJafa.1
Associate

Hi, I was looking for the solution to use CPP codes inside STM32CubeMX IDE . I came to an solution which I published on this small step by step tutorial .

Hope this would be helpful to others as well.

sarp daltaban
Associate II

I'd be a volunteer to support C++ integration within FreeRTOS and LwIP. Please take this under study.

Fzefz.1
Associate

Heya,

Can you at leat support .cpp main file via an optionnal checkbox ?

It's anoying to rename main.cpp to main.c everytime i regenerate the config. (i use cubeMX main template)

It would be very simple to implement (if any main.c search for main.cpp and use it like if it was main.c).

That would be very convenient.

Best regards