Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to flash the development SPC560B-Dis

nishil raj
Associate II
Posted on February 28, 2017 at 11:42

Hi All,

Appreciate your time and help.

i am using the SPC560B-DIS development board with the spc5studio IDE.

all of a sudden when i tried to flash the development board i got an error in the log saying : Error, Core::PpcJtagTargIntf, Connection to target lost !

i suspected a loose cable to be the culprit but then the same cable works perfectly fine with the other EVM(evaluation board).

Then i also checked the mini usb power/debug female port connector on the board which is fine as well.(did not see any physical damage on it attached is the image below).

i have attached my boards log file from the UDE when i got the board connection lost error.

0690X00000603hMQAQ.jpg

#development-board #spc5-studio #spc560b-dis
6 REPLIES 6
Erwan YVIN
ST Employee
Posted on March 02, 2017 at 10:10

Hello Raj ,

You have to install PLS FTDI drivers located in <PLS Folder Programs>/Drivers

check your windows manager.

Best Regards

Erwan

Posted on March 02, 2017 at 11:08

Hi Erwan,

First of all thank you for your reply on the quire,

i have installed the required driver already, the board was working fine before and it stopped getting flashed recently on tuesday the 28th FEB.

i have checked for the system setup using another SPC560B-dis development board, all is well i am able to dump and execute the code, it works all fine.

so i would appreciate your help of guidance in hardware debugging procedures, if any can you please guide me to the documents, using the links.

thanks for your valuable time sir.

With Thanks & Regards,

Nishil.

Posted on March 03, 2017 at 12:13

Hello Raj ,

It seems to be a HW issue.

Could you put additional powersupply (12V) + USB Cable on B-Discovery board ?

have you played with censorship ?

Best Regards

Erwan

Posted on March 03, 2017 at 13:59

Hi Erwan,

Thank you for your valuable support appreciate your time.

i am digging for any software settings or jumper settings that has to be taken care of to power the development board using the external supply instead of the debugger supply.

is it need?

or can i just go ahead and power the board with a external 12v supply with the usb cable connected to the board for flashing the code.

if you can guide me to a document which clarifies these questions it will be of a great help to me in the future to refer one.

and also have attached the pic of the whole board here in for the jumper settings reference.

0690X00000603f2QAA.jpg

Thanks and Regards,

Nishil.

Posted on March 06, 2017 at 08:30

Hi Erwan,

below is the attached image of the board with the LED's status during flashing the image.

and also, may i get a hardware debug procedural document for debugging this faulty board.

0690X00000603gFQAQ.jpg
Erwan YVIN
ST Employee
Posted on March 09, 2017 at 09:30

Hello Raj,

The Jumper settings seem to be correct.

Could you check the document B Discovery (cf Document) ?

You can try :

http://www.st.com/en/development-tools/spc5-udestk.html

Best Regards

Erwan

Attachments :

DM00094991_B_DISCOVERY.pdf : https://st--c.eu10.content.force.com/sfc/dist/version/download/?oid=00Db0000000YtG6&ids=0680X000006HypO&d=%2Fa%2F0X0000000bCv%2FD.aOPCE5SRB6Gxbj6CeOn_pc8v8v.T_Z1OjGPSfypBI&asPdf=false