Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to generate Source for EED

Santhamurthy R
Associate II
Posted on March 10, 2017 at 14:55

Hello All,

I am using SPC560B540L5 Discovery board and SPC stdutio 5.2.3 updated version code generator.

I am trying to emulate the Flash as EEPROM using EED driver. The IDE is installed with EEPROM emulation software and the way I generate the project is also proper even then the necessary configuration files and libraries for EED are not getting generated after generating the code. Normally, it should get listed under the EEPROM Emulation driver in components directory, but nothing exists other than ''mak'' folder. Please find the snap below.

0690X000006067SQAQ.png

But still I tried to build the project but the compilation failed due to below shown error.

0690X00000606YDQAY.png

I also tried with the Test application''SPC560Bxx_RLA EE Test Application for Discovery'' but the problem repeats.

Even I tried with different versions of (SPC5studio) 5.0.0, 5.2.1 and 5.2.3 but nothings works.

Kindly help in getting the problem resolved.

Thanks in Advance

Regards,

R.Santhamurthy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Erwan YVIN
ST Employee
Posted on March 13, 2017 at 11:22

Hello R. SanthaMurphty ,

The problem has been reproduced on 5.2.3

it will be solvedofficially on 5.3.0.

Anyway, you can install these new eeprom feature by local update

(Uncheck Category)

it solves the issue

Best regards

Erwan

Attachments :

com.st.spc5.components.ee.spc56xx.feature.zip : https://st--c.eu10.content.force.com/sfc/dist/version/download/?oid=00Db0000000YtG6&ids=0680X000006HyoG&d=%2Fa%2F0X0000000bCf%2Fq6FIo_IjnNRyxdR6tPnKjR0P_iipVTeUOHLhDbGJr0k&asPdf=false

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Erwan YVIN
ST Employee
Posted on March 13, 2017 at 11:22

Hello R. SanthaMurphty ,

The problem has been reproduced on 5.2.3

it will be solvedofficially on 5.3.0.

Anyway, you can install these new eeprom feature by local update

(Uncheck Category)

it solves the issue

Best regards

Erwan

Attachments :

com.st.spc5.components.ee.spc56xx.feature.zip : https://st--c.eu10.content.force.com/sfc/dist/version/download/?oid=00Db0000000YtG6&ids=0680X000006HyoG&d=%2Fa%2F0X0000000bCf%2Fq6FIo_IjnNRyxdR6tPnKjR0P_iipVTeUOHLhDbGJr0k&asPdf=false
Posted on March 13, 2017 at 12:26

Hi Erwan,

I uninstalled and reinstalled EEPROM Emulation software from the Eclipse Marketplace and regenerated the code after restarting the IDE, but the problem didn't resolved.

What do mean by local update,Kindly suggest some quick solution or at least  share the necessary source libraries related to EED since it is blocking issue for my development.

Kindly do the needful.

0690X00000606JjQAI.png

Thanks in Advance,

Regards,

R.Santhamurthy

Posted on March 17, 2017 at 06:33

Hi Erwan,

Thank you very much for providing the plugins related to EED. I done with the local update and the EED sources are getting generated now.

EED test code for SPC560B- Discovery RLA is working as described in ''readme'' file.

As per my understanding FSL_WriteEeprom writes 10 records each 4 bytes,

I would like to write one byte at a time in a record in this case how to increment to second byte address of the record. As per below code, the second argument of FSL_WriteEeprom is data ID(nothing but record address. If I want to write single byte per iteration what could be the value need to be passed as a second argument to FSL_WriteEeprom.

0690X00000606WhQAI.png

Thanks in Advance

Regards,

R.Santhamurthy

Posted on March 20, 2017 at 16:35

Hello Santhamurphy ,

Please refer to the document UM_SPC56xx_C90Flash_EED.pdf(cf document in the component)

if you want to store 1 Byte

i would use :

UINT8 eewritebuf[1];
 /***********************************
 * write some records in the eeprom *
 ************************************/
 test_string_print(&SD1,'WRITE 10 bytes in the Eeprom: ');
 for (i=0;i<10;i++){
 eewritebuf[0]=i;
 result = FSL_WriteEeprom(&eepromConf,i,1,(UINT32)&eewritebuf,callback);
 if (result!=EE_OK){
 checkResult(result);
 return 0;
 }
 }
 checkResult(result);�?�?�?�?�?�?�?�?�?�?�?�?�?�?�?�?

in EEprom driver , there is no record address.

you should use FSL_ReadEEprom

Best Regards

Erwan

Santhamurthy R
Associate II
Posted on March 30, 2017 at 15:43

Hi Erwan,

Thanks for providing the source for EED component.

While working only with EED component the application is working fine. But when I am trying to add both Flash and EED component together in the application, it is giving error as 'conflicting types for FlashInit()', since the prototype for the FlashInit() differs in eed_flash.h of EED component and ssd_c90fl.h of Flash component.

In my application I should use both the EED and Flash components.i am attaching my test application with this kindly check and provide your valuable suggestion for resolving the reported issue.

Attachments :

Bootloader.rar : https://st--c.eu10.content.force.com/sfc/dist/version/download/?oid=00Db0000000YtG6&ids=0680X000006Hyfe&d=%2Fa%2F0X0000000bBs%2FBPxgSvRx0MUI520Hx66F3RVgQ45ZpYIrOwrTXUtpEzQ&asPdf=false