cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to find more information on STM32F412G-DISCO display and touch module?

Aleksandr Koltsoff
Associate II
Posted on February 08, 2017 at 21:44

Hi all,

Having issues finding any info on the controller interface of the Frida LCD's FRD154BP2902-CTP (referred to in the STM32F412G-DISCO schema) as well as the touch controller.

Tried to locate the demonstration software source code as well, but seems that the firmware package which ships with the board is no longer available anywhere and has been supplanted with stmcube.

Any suggestions appreciated!

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Posted on February 08, 2017 at 22:52

I think the demo has been migrated to CubeMX as one of the examples. Some of the more custom demos supplied by ST use licensed third-party code, not sure if this is the case here, or if an SPL based demo was ever made available as source.

The LCD code in CubeMX references FRD154A24IPS documentation, and the use of ST7789H2 and LS016B8UY controllers.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Posted on February 10, 2017 at 07:36

Hi Clive and thanks for the prompt response,

I found the source codes as well, and noted that the reset sequence timing had a comment about the docs, but the funny thing is that google hits blanks with the search term (infact, it now only finds the two posts of this discussion with it, which is half funny :-).

The touch screen I2C chip on the same display module is one of the FT6x36 series from FocalTech, datasheets for these are readily found on the net. Integration parameters (number of channels etc) are only documented in stm32412g_discovery_ts.{c,h}

As for the display module, I'll need to do some tinkering and probably try to get some info from the upstream manufacturer. Will report here once I have some time and progress here.

Posted on June 09, 2017 at 08:22

Hi Aleksandr,

Just bought the STM32F412G-DISCO and would like to generated a project file using CubeMX.

I cannot at the moment configure the FSMC controller. Do you have working ioc file for the board. I am interested only in LCD-related settings of the FSMC (as selected in CubeMX).

Thanks,

Bogdan

Posted on September 03, 2017 at 09:47

Sorry no (and sorry for the long response, been busy with other things). I never got very far with the board unfortunately (spare time limited).

Posted on September 03, 2017 at 21:08

Try this: