Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem reading more than 512bytes from SPWF01 socket

N S
Associate II
Posted on April 04, 2017 at 11:12

Hello,

I have a problem with SPWF01 middleware, when i try to read more than 512bytes form socket.  I'm pretty sure that Process_Buffer() function hangs somewhere and never actually reads more than 512 bytes. Project is using library X-CUBE-WIFI1 version 2.0.0...

Is this known bug already solved in new version or is it a bug in my code? I can try to replace library with up to date version (3.0.1), but i need to be sure that will solve the problem.

Thanks in advance,

Nebojsa

3 REPLIES 3
Posted on April 05, 2017 at 20:35

Hi,

I think this is something related to uart management inside that package. There is no idle interrupt, DMA, etc. Only a timer...

Try to set an higher timer rate.

Ps: work in progress for a better uart management inside the package (next release will work better for sure!)

Posted on April 05, 2017 at 21:26

Hm, sounds odd that exactly 512 bytes are read from socket. i checked out what is happening in debugger. Process buffer code has some loops  that count up to 511 and somewhere it just stops and jump out of the loop. Timer is set to 10kHz and module uart to 115200kbps.

I will try, and let you know the results.

Posted on April 19, 2017 at 13:37

Hi,

i solved this. Library for SPWF01 was working but another library could not parse data in multiple 512 bytes chuncks. I simply increased RX Buffer to 1024 and edited Process_Buffer() function to accept MAX_RX_BUFFER macro as parameter inside some loops instead of plane number (511).