Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble with STM32CubeMX Eclipse plug in v4.20

Dmitrij Rajkov
Associate II
Posted on March 09, 2017 at 20:36

Can not set the input frequency value of quartz

LSE/HSE - a

fter entering the frequency value and loss of the input focus, the frequency is divided by 1000. The division is repeated if you return and remove the input focus again. As a result, an error occurs with respect to the frequency value.

In version 4.19 everything was fine.

How to fix?

#stm32cubemx
6 REPLIES 6
Khouloud GARSI
Lead II
Posted on March 10, 2017 at 10:10

Hi

Raikov.Dmitry

Could you please share your 'ioc' file.

Khouloud.

Posted on March 10, 2017 at 22:22

This occurs when any new project is created (although I noticed when migrating the project 4.19). For example i

t is enough to choose in RCC

LSE=Crystal/Ceramic resonator.

Then on the tab Clock Configuration there will be an error - Input Frequency field is becoming RED (

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AoZMwuG95k4zg7d33VyaSPqZcO_Isw

).

Another case when

HSE=enable, then go to

the tab Clock Configuration

, place cursor in Input Frequency field and move cursor from field - frequency value divided by 1000 (same as LSE

Input Frequency

field). 

There may be more

another

glitches.

Posted on March 14, 2017 at 10:37

Hi

Raikov.Dmitry

I'm not able to reproduce your issue. This issue is forwarded for our CubeMX team for check.

Khouloud.

Posted on March 23, 2017 at 19:51

It's a pity!

1. I tried to reinstall STM32CubeMX Eclipse plugin v4.20.0 - t

rouble persisted.

2. I completely reinstalled

System Workbench toolchain SW4STM32 (new v1.14.0) and STM32CubeMX Eclipse plugin v4.20.0 - t

rouble persisted

3. I tried to install the standalone version STM32CubeMX v4.20.0 - the installation was completed with an error:

0690X00000606b2QAA.png

(System can't find the specified path)

4. I tried to install the standalone version STM32CubeMX v4.20.0 on other PC - this is working,

there are no errors.

5. In the end, I installed the old version STM32CubeMX Eclipse plugin v4.19.0 - the old version is working.

Jeanne Joly
Senior III
Posted on January 15, 2018 at 16:26

Hi

Raikov.Dmitry

I've just tested the point you raised on CubeMX4.23 and I don't have the issue I see in the video.

In detail, I select, in the board selector, the STM32L432KCUx and select in RCC the LSE to Crystal/Ceramic Resonator. The Clock configuration is correct (not in red with the automatic question : do you want to run automatic clock issues solver').

Could you please move on the latest CubeMX release and tell me if you still have the issue?

BR. Jeanne

Posted on May 15, 2018 at 23:38

I am facing exactly the same problem as Khouloud G, downloaded Atollic 9.0.1 and CubeMX Eclipse-Plugin yesterday. I was able to reproduce the issue on two different computers.

I read in another german forum about someone with the same problem and he gave the hint that only the eclipse plugin is affected and not the standalone version.

In RCC->LSE Crystal/Ceramic-Resonator is already preselected. Changing LSE to something else and back again to Crystal/Ceramic makes the problem appear again.

Hope this helps. I am happy to provide any more information necessary to solve the problem.

Best regards

Axel