cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doubt on STM6600 use

Andrea Verdecchia
Associate II
Posted on February 13, 2017 at 20:46

I want to use the STM6600 controller to manage the power ON/OFF of my microcontroller system. In the specific I want:

- Turn ON the system simply pushing a button.

- Turn OFF the system simply pushing the same button.

- Force the power OFF pushing and holding the same button.

I read at pg. 5 on the STM6600

http://www.st.com/content/ccc/resource/technical/document/datasheet/1f/9e/3b/43/ec/04/44/71/CD00226957.pdf/files/CD00226957.pdf/jcr:content/translations/en.CD00226957.pdf

that

'By a long push of one button (#PB) or two buttons (#PB and #SR) either a reset is asserted or power for the application is disabled depending on the option used.'

It says that pushing one button (#PB) OR two button

(#PB and #SR) I can disable the main power

Then at pg. 10 it says

'A short push of the push-button during normal operation can initiate an interrupt through

debounced #INT output (see Figure 14) and a long push of #PB and #SR simultaneously can

either assert reset output #RST (see Figure 18) or deassert the EN or #EN output (see

Figure 19) based on the option used.'

In this case it says that, to disable the EN signal, I have NECESSARILY to push two button: the #PB and the #SR simultaneously.

Now I'm a bit confused. If I want use only one push button to have the behaviour described above, I have to connect to ground permanently the #SR input of the STM6600 controller?
1 REPLY 1
Andrea Verdecchia
Associate II
Posted on February 16, 2017 at 23:50

Can anyone help me?