Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CubeMX 4.24 migrate problem

liu yong
Associate II
Posted on January 25, 2018 at 05:11

ico version : 4.23 / FW_F4 V1.18.0

I can't migrate my project from 4.23 to 4.24. Attach is my ico file.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Posted on January 29, 2018 at 17:25

I play a little with your migrated *.ico file and i find out, you didn't have to change the prescaler in the CAN-IP than everything seems to work fine. If you change them and save the project you can't load it any more. 

0690X00000604JaQAI.jpg

Edit:

I even play with my ico and find out any time I change the Clock Configuration or the CAN-Prescaler, CubeMx seems to hang!

So I thing there is any problem with time or clock calculation for anything in the CAN-IP.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
liu yong
Associate II
Posted on January 25, 2018 at 05:16

When I new a project(DAU1_4.24.ioc) in 4.24 that have the same config as the attachments(DAU1.ioc), close it than open it again, cubemx have no respond.

Posted on January 29, 2018 at 17:19

It seems to be a Problem with the CAN-IP! I have the same Problem an cube seems to damage my *.ioc.

I have play a little with my ioc and find it out.

Open your DAU1.ioc without migrating it! Then disable the CAN-IP --> save it --> migrate your project to newer version.

But caution! The CAN-IP Module seems to be damaged... --> 

https://community.st.com/0D50X00009XkhJCSAZ

So do a backup.

Now you can enable the CAN-IP.... But if you change any settings of the CAN-IP

https://community.st.com/0D50X00009XkhJCSAZ

will happen.

So I think their is a Problem with, Time Quantum, Time for one bit or any other calculation.

Posted on January 29, 2018 at 17:25

I play a little with your migrated *.ico file and i find out, you didn't have to change the prescaler in the CAN-IP than everything seems to work fine. If you change them and save the project you can't load it any more. 

0690X00000604JaQAI.jpg

Edit:

I even play with my ico and find out any time I change the Clock Configuration or the CAN-Prescaler, CubeMx seems to hang!

So I thing there is any problem with time or clock calculation for anything in the CAN-IP.
Imen.D
ST Employee
Posted on January 29, 2018 at 20:27

Hello ,

We will raise your issue internally to CubeMx team and keep you informed about the taken actions.

Thank you for your contribution.

Kind Regards,

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
Posted on February 01, 2018 at 15:26

Hello,

You are right, we can reproduce the same behavior in CAN configuration on CubeMx 4.24.

This

issue will be fixed in next release.

Thank you for highlighting this issue and Sorry for the inconvenience it may bring.

Kind Regards,

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
stm32cube-t
Senior III
Posted on February 21, 2018 at 10:16

Sorry for the inconvenience. This problem will be solved in next STM32CubeMX 4.25 release coming out in few weeks from now.