cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM Flash Loader Demo Tool not Working.

Francois drd
Associate II
Posted on February 27, 2017 at 23:45

I want to flash a load on the STM32F0CB using the STM Flash Loader demo. My configuration is: 57600, Data Bits:8, Parity: Even, Echo: Disabled, Timeout: 10.I also tried with parities Odd and None.

After resetting the MCU, I get the error: 'Cannot get available commands, Please, Try to change Echo selection, Reset your device then try again...'. I changed the Echo selection mode with the same bad result.

So I tested with serial tool. First of all, the only baud rates which gave a valid reply (ACK: 0x79, NACK: 0x1F)  were 56000 and 57600. So I sent the 'login' command 0x7F and got the expected 0x79 reply (ACK). Good! The MCU is in the booloader! Then I sent a Get command (0x00 0xFF) and didn't get any reply. I sent the same command again and I got a NACK (0x1F) reply. These are the two only cases I can get alternatively. If a enter 0x7F, I get the same behaviour, the same two cases so it means the MCU didn't reset (otherwise 0x7F would enter in the bootloader again).

The behaviour I got with the STM Flash Loader demo matches the one I got with the serial tool: Once entering in the boot loader, commands don't work. May anybody tell me what's happening?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Francois drd
Associate II
Posted on February 27, 2017 at 23:47

Note that BOOT0 is set to high while doing it. Thanks.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Francois drd
Associate II
Posted on February 27, 2017 at 23:47

Note that BOOT0 is set to high while doing it. Thanks.

Posted on February 28, 2017 at 00:53

It is not receiving the 0x7F pattern but timing it. For this purpose it is critical that you use 8E1 as this is what it expects to time, and then see data in that form. It is likely to get parity errors and reject commands if you deviate.

I would start with 9600 baud.

Not sure of your specific board, or reasons the USART might be problematic.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..