cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeMX Installer Java RTE

Ronald Niederhagen
Associate II
Posted on February 22, 2017 at 15:30

I'm trying to install STM32CubeMX on Win10 64bit.

I know I have Java Version 8 Update 121 installed and I'm sure it's working (since I'm using it).

Now when I invoke SetupSTM32CubeMX-4.19.0.exe a window pops open after a couple of seconds saying:

STM32CubeMX Installer

The registry refers to a nonexistent Java Runtime Environment installation or the runtime is corrupted.

And that is it.

It doesn't say which Java Version it's looking for nor does it say which one it finds (corrupted).

Can somebody help, please??

#stm32cubemx #stm32cubemx-install #stm32cubemx-java
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Imen.D
ST Employee
Posted on February 22, 2017 at 16:24

Hi,

It's recommended to uninstall all older versions of Java before to install the new one.

Maybe this is the cause of your problem, as the new installation of java doesn't automatically replace the old installations.

Please try this suggestion then let me know if it is OK with this suggestion.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
Imen.D
ST Employee
Posted on February 22, 2017 at 16:24

Hi,

It's recommended to uninstall all older versions of Java before to install the new one.

Maybe this is the cause of your problem, as the new installation of java doesn't automatically replace the old installations.

Please try this suggestion then let me know if it is OK with this suggestion.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
Posted on February 22, 2017 at 16:58

Thanks, this did the trick.

I uninstalled Java.

Then I tried to install SetupSTM32CubeMX-4.19.0.exe and it said 'This application requires a Java Runtime Environment 1.7.0_45'. This indicated that it noticed the uninstall of Java.

Then I installed the latest Java version (Version 8 Update 121) an the STM32CubeMX installed just fine.

Posted on March 08, 2017 at 18:38

Having to uninstall other Java versions is not acceptable - as other tools may be relying upon them.

Posted on March 09, 2017 at 16:51

I tend to agree with this.

Also: it requested a 32-bit JRE version although I'm running Win10-64bit. Strange.

Posted on March 10, 2017 at 13:01

Also: it requested a 32-bit JRE version although I'm running Win10-64bit. Strange.

ST are not unique in that - I've seen several tools that require 32-bit JRE even on 64-bit systems.

Robert Nagai
Associate
Posted on June 11, 2017 at 14:57

I had the same problem.

Try this:

cmd.exe as administrator

> java -jar \path\to\SetupSTM32CubeMX-4.xx.x.exe

Posted on August 07, 2017 at 18:48

Fantastic, this worked for me after much messing with Java versions. Thanks!

Posted on October 23, 2017 at 04:00

Unfortunately your fix did NOT work for me...  I also need the versions of Java on my system that are in place. 

I verified the existence of each of the java versions in the registry:

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment

Is there another registry key I should be checking?

philipweiss
Associate II
Posted on October 27, 2017 at 00:45

Unfortunately your fix did NOT work for me...  I also need the versions of Java on my system that are in place. 

I verified the existence of each of the java versions in the registry:

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment

Is there another registry key I should be checking?