Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BlueNRG-1 run debug, combine with cc1310

Nav Dev
Associate II
Posted on February 23, 2017 at 13:00

Hi ST,

I am working with the BlueNRG-1 using STEVAL_IDB and i have few questions please:

1- When i program some ST BLE via using Navigatorv2.3.0, the main code not the BLE stack, where it saved? in the main MCU or the NRG-1?

2- I want to combine the NRG-1 with TI sub1-GHZ cc1310(Backward compatibility), so i have few questions in this area:

2.1 - Where the code that related to the BLE must run? on the cc1310 or NRG-1?

2.2 - Did it possible to configure and send commands to the NRG-1 via other MCU? if yes i would be happy if you share some example, reference ...

3- Did there is some tool develop/debug with the 

BlueNRG-1 code example, and it's free?

4- What is the best IDE that you recommended to work with the BlueNRG-1?

Thanks.

#bluenrg-1
2 REPLIES 2
Imen.D
ST Employee
Posted on February 23, 2017 at 16:21

Hi,

You may refer to the User manualsand related Tools/softwarein the

http://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/wireless-connectivity/bluetooth-bluetooth-low-energy/bluenrg-1.html

The BlueNRG GUI is available in

/external-link.jspa?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmy.st.com%2Fcontent%2Fmy_st_com%2Fen%2Fproducts%2Fembedded-software%2Fwireless-connectivity-software%2Fstsw-bnrgui.license%3D1487062354html

Hope this helps you.

0690X00000606F2QAI.png

Regards

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
Posted on March 08, 2017 at 11:00

Thanks 

Imen D for responding, 

After looking to the references that you advice to me, i have few question please:

As i mentioned before, we want to use TI cc1310 for SUB1-GHz and the NRG-1 for BLE, there is 2 ways (that i know about):

1- Connect the NRG-1 to the cc1310 via SPI and send ACI commands.

2- Set the NRG-1 as a Stand Alone, and share some memory between the cc1310 and the NRG-1 for logic's and others...

Q1: did the ACI commands have full control of the BLE stack as the Stand Alone?

Q2: What is the best way, the first way or the second?

Q3: Did there is another way that o didn't mentioned?

Any other advice in this topic will be welcome.