cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Availabiltiy of user data bytes in option bytes area in STM32L4 series

Anand A
Associate III
Posted on June 06, 2017 at 06:56

In STM32F3 series, user data bytes are available at location 0x1FFFF804. I have used this for storing a  status marker value. During power on reset i am checking this location based on the value I am executing some functions(I will changing this value in run time).  Is this feature available in STM32L4 series? I didn't find this in user manual.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Viktor POHORELY
ST Employee
Posted on June 07, 2017 at 18:00

There is no dedicated user data byte in the option registers. You could use either backup registers or SRAM2, but both requires external backup capacitor or battery.

Please note that using flash to store the state of the state machine has limits in the memory endurance.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Viktor POHORELY
ST Employee
Posted on June 07, 2017 at 18:00

There is no dedicated user data byte in the option registers. You could use either backup registers or SRAM2, but both requires external backup capacitor or battery.

Please note that using flash to store the state of the state machine has limits in the memory endurance.

AndyJT
Associate III
Posted on February 07, 2018 at 11:08

I was searching for an answer to this myself.

I have a few bytes to store on a simple STM32L476 application.

I don't want to have to fit any external components like batteries, super caps or EEproms etc.

I appears that my only solution is to use bank 1 of Flash for program (512Kb) and bank 2 for my non-volatile setting bytes, of which I'll have more than 500 thousand to choose from !